A Little Help With Wheel Stands

stockman42

• Member Contributer

I want to purchase a set of "good" wheel stands. Doing some research on my own, customer reviews etc.. But would really like to get some first hand reviews from fellow riders. I searched the forums, if I missed the thread kindly point me in the right direction.

• Member Contributer

Pit Bull here too. I was lucky and found a standard swing arm stand and single sided swing arm stand used for less than $100 each.

DSCN1002_zpsbehvltgc.jpg

Unfortunately I paid almost retail for the front stand (Hybrid center/fork lift).

DSCN1003_zpshtbfyly8.jpg

I'm betting that it will be unanimous with people recommending Pit Bull stands if you want the best out there. There are others that are sufficient for "every once in a while" type usage, but if you seriously need to rely on stands Pit Bull is the best choice.

I got lucky and got my Pit Bull rear stand for under $100 as well. That's the one good/bad thing about the single sided swingarm stands. They aren't compatible with anything else. If you sell the VFR, you can't use it on anything else. But if you are buying one, they can be had relatively cheaply.

• Member Contributer

Come to think of it, Sport Bike Track Gear did a stand comparison between stands not that long ago. I'll see if I can find the video link. Not to contradict with Marriedman, by the newer SSSA stands from pit bull have replaceable pins so you can change them to fit Ducati, Triumph, BMW or just about any SSSA bike, so it doesn't necessarily mean you can't use it again, just need a bike with the same swing arm design.

Not to contradict with Marriedman, by the newer SSSA stands from pit bull have replaceable pins so you can change them to fit Ducati, Triumph, BMW or just about any SSSA bike, so it doesn't necessarily mean you can't use it again, just need a bike with the same swing arm design.

Excellent information! Always glad to be corrected when the information will help others.

Archived