Howdy From San Antonio Texas

GatorVFR

Hello from the great State of Texas! I'm happy to report I am officially back in the VFR Nation with a recently purchased 2007 VFR800. I sold my beloved '84 VF750F back in '93 after starting a family. I could kick myself for selling it back then, but at the time it seemed like the best course of action. Prior to the VF750F I rode a '75 CB400F I purchased while in high school. I still own it and hope to restore it some day; however, it is collecting dust in a barn back in Michigan for now.

It's weird...I keep looking older but the bikes still look the same!

Cheers...Eric

post-33809-0-14008600-1439680490.jpg

post-33809-0-14082300-1439680511.jpg

post-33809-0-41271700-1439680535.jpg

• Member Contributer

Welcome Aboard Gator! You get bonus points for posting a pic on your intro, not sure where you can redeem these points but good job anyway! Stick around and make yourself comfortable and enjoy the show.

Thanks everyone! I'm really excited and honored to own a VFR again. I've been away from riding for much too long.

RedRicer...They are just heat shields and stock pipes as far as I know. After looking through pictures of other '07s I don't see any others with black heat shields. I don't know if they are unique or what.

post-33809-0-56222300-1439858564.jpg

• Member Contributer

Thanks everyone! I'm really excited and honored to own a VFR again. I've been away from riding for much too long.

RedRicer...They are just heat shields and stock pipes as far as I know. After looking through pictures of other '07s I don't see any others with black heat shields. I don't know if they are unique or what.

It looks as though the previous owner removed and painted them. It does indeed look good!

• Member Contributer

Hmmm, I helped out a fellow rider who had these same heat shields in black swap them out for silver ones a friend of mine had. Although these are the only two I've seen, very odd though as he has the same bike as you do. (Year and color)

i was wondering if that was the case. looks painted, but certainly looks a lot better than the chrome! IMHO. very nice

• 3 weeks later...

Just a couple of more photos to share...Love the Interceptor like the rest of you! Ripping around the Texas countryside this Labor Day morning; doesn't get any better than that. :wheel:

post-33809-0-49532600-1441638798.jpg

post-33809-0-27259000-1441638800.jpg

Archived