Bmw Brg On 5Th Vfr

dozyproductions

So after all the hot house green from holden, I decided to go with british racing green from a 95' bmw m3. I think they only supplied it for a couple month run. It seems to be a lighter shade of green from honda's oem. I shot this on a iphone 4 and with the bad lighting + bad photography I hope you can forgive me.

In person, this thing looks stunning and I love the color. It's a bit fresh from the booth so I haven't decided if I wan't to add any decals yet.

post-30459-0-73722000-1438293582.jpg

post-30459-0-24119000-1438293684.jpg

post-30459-0-27380000-1438293704.jpg

• Member Contributer

Nice. My '02 Audi A4 is in BRG. Unfortunately they don't make them in that color anymore!

• Member Contributer

It is very shiny. I would like to see some pics of it with a better lense and lighting.

That cross-eyed exhaust bother you? I know you can't see it from the Sargent seat but it still has to kind of bother you, right?

I wonder if the decals from a yellow 2000 model VFR would pop with the BRG?

And maybe wheels in this color on page two of this topic http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/77050-suspension-setup-5th-gen-and-225lb-rider/page-2

post number 18.

• Member Contributer

Looks great. The Corbin Smuggler must be nice to have - I wish there was something similar for the 6th gen.

The shop was going to use Sherwin Williams water base. I decided to buy about 1.5 pints worth of some stuff a couple rungs up the ladder. (Don't remember, need to find receipt!). The painter was an old mexican guy at an earl scheib believe it or not. I heard this feller get's requests. :wub:

I'll say this about the exhaust. The 5th gen vfr was the first bike I ever rode. This is my second one and it's the second one I've had with a wolf exhaust, so for me it's normal haha.

Now that silver powder coat looks amazing. I was originally thinking about doing some sort of subie gold but without painting the frame black the entire bike would look to 'messy'. That silver would be worth the regular upkeep; could do it the same time when cleaning and lubricating the chain.

On the decal. Yellow was my first choice. There was this lotus bike with yellow outline/brg base two tone and it looked amazing but I don't think this shade of brg will work with yellow. If anything, perhaps the white honda w/ wing on the gas tank. The clean look has a passing grade so far. People come up to me asking me what kind of Italian superbike I have. "Just a 1998 honda sport touring bike" :biggrin:
post-30459-0-98413200-1438323829.jpg

Corbin seat is a life saver for stashing your gloves or bringing a hat. It just fits a bilt medium size weather cover. The only problem is when I go to school I have to make sure my backpack doesn't sit on it.

P.S. I was off the ol' gal for a couple of weeks and now that she has a sexy new dress, I can't help to say that life is good. These bikes rule and so do y'all!

• Member Contributer

I cant find a good pic right now but the yellow Y2K VFR had a charcoal/silver wing on it. In conjunction with the wheels in the link above I think you would have a factory looking bike that was all yours.

that Lotus looks sweet but almost a John Deere green compared to your darker BRG.

Archived