And Then There Were Two

curtis

• Member Contributer

Oh you are SOOOOOO gonna like love the Daugherty upgrades. I have one of Jamie's CBR929 rear shocks and the difference was amazing. With front end work to, oh such a find. And even in RED. How ever did you find one the same color?? LOL

Being a fellow 5th genner it's nice to see another bike in such good condition. You will love the bike even more now that you have 2, though somehow I think there will one in he stable that may get a bit more use. :-)

All the best, ride safe and keep her shiny side up.

The shiniest is 'newest'one. Makes other one look dirty.

In a bit of cold irony, last night as I was moving 'francine' over in the garage to make roo for 'Valerie', she got away from me. First time ever. She went down slow since I was holding on. But I had poor footing and was taken by suprise. It is sooo not like me. The only damage is a tiny nick on rear fairing and the brake pedal is slightly bent .

Oh you are SOOOOOO gonna like love the Daugherty upgrades. I have one of Jamie's CBR929 rear shocks and the difference was amazing. With front end work to, oh such a find. And even in RED. How ever did you find one the same color?? LOL

Being a fellow 5th genner it's nice to see another bike in such good condition. You will love the bike even more now that you have 2, though somehow I think there will one in he stable that may get a bit more use. :-)

All the best, ride safe and keep her shiny side up.

Oh you are SOOOOOO gonna like love the Daugherty upgrades. I have one of Jamie's CBR929 rear shocks and the difference was amazing. With front end work to, oh such a find. And even in RED. How ever did you find one the same color?? LOLBeing a fellow 5th genner it's nice to see another bike in such good condition. You will love the bike even more now that you have 2, though somehow I think there will one in he stable that may get a bit more use. :-)All the best, ride safe and keep her shiny side up.

Could use some advice on adjusting the 929shock, if you would be so kind.

• Member Contributer

Sorry about the tip over. But wow do they look sweet! As I surf C/L and see them come up for sale, I have to keep telling myself "one is enough . . . one is enough . . . " ! I'm also glad to see that I'm not the only one that names bikes!

• Member Contributer

They both look equally shiny.

• Member Contributer

You can never have too many 5th gens....

If I find a clean ultra low mile '99 - I gotta jump for it....

:cool:

• Member Contributer

In a bit of cold irony, last night as I was moving 'francine' over in the garage to make roo for 'Valerie', she got away from me. First time ever. She went down slow since I was holding on. But I had poor footing and was taken by suprise. It is sooo not like me. The only damage is a tiny nick on rear fairing and the brake pedal is slightly bent .

Very sorry to hear about the tip over but if one of the ladies now has her nose bent out of joint because another another lady has entered the garage, you could be in trouble. Now they'll be sharing soap, waxes, towels, the hose.....................

You could swap Valerie's tail cowl for Francine's so that Francine will be closer to perfect. Might go a long way to ending the bad "feng shui" that may have developed in the garage. Don't want the 2 ladies fighting for you affections or worse things may happen. LOL

• Member Contributer

Owe, that tip over sucks. On the bright side, at least one didn't tip over into the other one.

• Member Contributer

If you breed them, can I be first in line for one of the litter???

• Member Contributer

If you breed them, can I be first in line for one of the litter???

That should be interesting, as it appears from the names that both are female! :laugh: Maybe a suitable donor can be found . . . If the father were a 6th gen could the offspring possibly have ABS brakes and under seat exhausts?

• Member Contributer

You're in GA, right? Maybe we can meet up at TWO sometime and I can introduce Vanessa to either Francine or Badly Valerie. Both are good looking bikes

• Member Contributer
Very sorry to hear about the tip over but if one of the ladies now has her nose bent out of joint because another another lady has entered the garage, you could be in trouble.

Happened to us when we were shopping for a car for my wife. On the way to the dealer for a test drive, the driver's window dropped to the bottom of the door. On the way home from picking up the new car, the old one had a horrendous squeal as we were leaving the parking lot. Turned out to be a rusted brake backing plate that fell on to the wheel. Sure seemed like the old car knew what was happening! :blink:

Enjoy the new ride, but give the old gal some lovin' too! :fing02:

• Member Contributer

My wife can't tell these two apart, so in honour of Dr Seuss, they are now known as Thing One and Thing Two!post-22267-0-32385200-1435008194.jpg

Ha! The Superchicken and the Viffer really don't look too similar! My wife frustrates me like that when I see a car with a great after-market wheel set-up. They all look the same to her. I'd like to try riding one of those VTR's one time. I had a Hawk GT and it was nicely flickable, but too gutless. So now it's gone.

As much as i love my 5th gen ... why 2 of them? Doesnt it make sense to keep the one with upped suspension, and swap the other for another bike? A big fat twin, or something with an upright seating position ...

Or: keep one for the road, and adapt one for the track :idea3:

• 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer

I really like the VTR but the VFR beats it hands down. Better fuel milage more comfortable and equal power stock, plus the VFR has fuel injection.

There is no contest here. The VFR feels like a polished high tech machine next to the thudding, snorting VTR. The VTR engine has all the mechanical finesse of a [insert name of local farm implement here] but with some noisy pipes it also makes wonderful twin noises, and has 1000cc's of get up and go at low revs. Fuel consumption is pretty similar on both, but the smaller tank on the VTR does take some adjusting to at just 125 miles to reserve whereas the VFR will go 170 miles.

post-22267-0-41343700-1440989561.jpg

Both of mine have had suspension tweaks and there's not too much between them handling wise. I prefer the power of the VTR brakes (with CBR954 callipers) but the VFR linked system does make for very surefooted stopping. The VTR has a bit of a locked in posture whereas the VFR is more open, but I don't find one more comfy than the other.

So, yeah, I love both my babies equally but for different reasons, just like my kids. :rolleyes:

post-22267-0-36605800-1440989559.jpg

Archived