Sickened

While preparing to go for a lovely motor ride this a.m., my GF, who has a gimpy left leg decided to get on the mount from the right and unannounced, and yes, you know what happened. To make matters worse (yes, just wait), I went over and ruined my Simpson Bandit too.

But wait, there's more; I don't know how, but while barking orders to help pick up the machine (remember, we were on the right) we picked the bike up, and instead of holding the bike steady and throwing my left leg over the bike and putting the side stand down, I told the GF to hold the bike up by the grab rails while I ran over to the left side. Yep. It fell left but we were able to catch it and only a minor scuff on the lower cowl transpired.

So here's the summary:

Bent front brake lever

Bent rear brake lever

Bent step holder

Trashed right mirror

Trashed right low cowl

Trashed right crank cover

Rear lever does not return to upright position

Trashed throttle bar end

Trashed left low cowl

Trashed Simpson Bandit

Trashed OEM muffler****

Trashed mental state

Trashed wallet

Trashed body tomorrow, a.m.

So, when I replace all this, my question is, how on Earth do you get well nuts inserted into the holes in the cowl without a note from God? Those things look like a screaming eagle night mare. Anyhow, yet, it sucks right now. I was all happy and this happens....

• Member Contributer

all of those parts arent TRASHED..

they are scuffed or scratched.

you can polish /paint add stickers to most of it.

brake levers can be had for 25 bucks and pazzo knock offs too. look damned good!

ditto for mirrors..

the stock can ?/seriously ?

will some one reading this please give the guy your stock can thats collecting dust bunnys on the shelf..??

you have a girl and a bike, quitcherbitchin :beer::fing02: :laugh2:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-View-Mirrors-For-Honda-VFR750F-1994-1997-VFR800-FI-1998-1999-/251320083958?hash=item3a83d825f6&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/One-Pair-Motorcycle-Left-Right-View-Mirrors-For-Honda-VFR800-1998-2008-1999-2000-/331074347197?hash=item4d1591a0bd&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Short-Black-CNC-Clutch-Brake-Levers-For-HONDA-VFR800-1998-2001-2000-1999-/261482577131?hash=item3ce1937ceb&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-Honda-Interceptor-VFR-800-VFR800-right-peg-footpeg-bracket-mount-pedal-/161298608137?hash=item258e257009&vxp=mtr

bend the rear lever back in place.. its aluminum.. go real slow.. :fing02:

No, no. I forgot, the notation about the can, which I forgot to post, was that I don't care about that. It gives me an excuse now to buy the can I want and now need. As far a scuffs and scratches, well, after I lower the VFR (I can get some metric heim joints, a sleeve and some lock nuts, I figure I can lower the bike an inch, or so), I'll spring for the new plastic. Yeah, I know about rotating the holders but a 29" inseam needs more than .75".

Ultimately, I think I could have not dropped the bike if I was near to flat footing it.

Additionally, I've figured the well nuts thing out. Thanks in advance.

• Member Contributer

No, no. I forgot, the notation about the can, which I forgot to post, was that I don't care about that. It gives me an excuse now to buy the can I want and now need. As far a scuffs and scratches, well, after I lower the VFR (I can get some metric heim joints, a sleeve and some lock nuts, I figure I can lower the bike an inch, or so), I'll spring for the new plastic. Yeah, I know about rotating the holders but a 29" inseam needs more than .75".

Ultimately, I think I could have not dropped the bike if I was near to flat footing it.

Additionally, I've figured the well nuts thing out. Thanks in advance.

If you're trying to reuse the well nuts that are already "collapsed", forget it, it's not worth the time. Go here... www.clipsandfasteners.com and search for 'well nuts', you should find M5- .8 .554 and M5- .8 .665. These are good replacements for the OEM well nuts and are extremely cheap compared to OEM. Only catch they come in boxes of 25 qty. I have already gone through 1.5 boxes, but that's with giving out a few to fellow VFR riders.

Oh yeah, sorry for your mishap and hope you and your GF are alright.

Get new well-nuts. They're cheap and easy to replace. Levers are cheap and easy to replace too, ditto the bar-end weights.

The most expensive thing to ruin is your helmet - that sucks. Scratching the muffler is no big deal, because now you get to replace it with an aftermarket one..

Well, I purchased a new helmet already. And I have a my other bikes. Main thing is my main thang (GF) ain't hurt and she ain't scared. Riding (can't wait for the remarks) is our fav thing to do.

I put in a claim. I haven't done that for years, and I used to work for the company that insures the bike. I'm expecting to be screwed over.

I flipped the shock link plate and lowered the rear. I just have to lower the front, next. It made a huge difference. I can almost flat foot it now. I'm one of those 30" inseamers. The side stand is now an issue, and pulling the bike up on the center stand requires a lot of effort. Keep in mind, I'm a little over 57, so I'm in geezer land, now.

I did get the Power Commander installed and loaded up with a half assed map. I'll be purchasing a new can (going with a Two Bros M2). I'll let the insurance industry clean up the brakes and cosmetics. I'll keep y'all posted with that pleasant process.

• Member Contributer

All that can be fixed at least nobody is hurt.

Well, I purchased a new helmet already. And I have a my other bikes. Main thing is my main thang (GF) ain't hurt and she ain't scared. Riding (can't wait for the remarks) is our fav thing to do.

I put in a claim. I haven't done that for years, and I used to work for the company that insures the bike. I'm expecting to be screwed over.

I flipped the shock link plate and lowered the rear. I just have to lower the front, next. It made a huge difference. I can almost flat foot it now. I'm one of those 30" inseamers. The side stand is now an issue, and pulling the bike up on the center stand requires a lot of effort. Keep in mind, I'm a little over 57, so I'm in geezer land, now.

I did get the Power Commander installed and loaded up with a half assed map. I'll be purchasing a new can (going with a Two Bros M2). I'll let the insurance industry clean up the brakes and cosmetics. I'll keep y'all posted with that pleasant process.

Yep I agree .

Roll On ...

Claims rep would have totaled the bike. We worked together to solve the equation and keep the title non salvage. It was handled in manner that exceeded what I could have even imagined. I'm more than impressed. The company's icon is that gal that wears a white bib.

Archived