Fairing Bolts And Bar End Weights

Hi all,

Just wondering are the fairing bolts for the fourth gen VFR the same as on other Honda's? Mine are looking a bit worse for wear now and could do with replacing. I'm also missing a bar end weight and I'm wondering if, maybe, it would be possible to replace it with a bar end from something else? From what I remember of it, it's an unusual kinda fit...

• Member Contributer

Hello Fabio,

Which ones you mean? The ones at the bottom to the black spoiler?

0r the ones higher up? Here you can go for the bolts from the Blackbird/CBR1100XX, they have little dimples

Either way, you could put the thread end gently into a cordless drill. Bit of Autosol on a rough cloth and spin away!

Hi Dutchy,

I'll give the Autosol route a try, good idea! I tried to paint them before but the paint just chips off anyway.

The two bolts that are on the rear cowling and which link in to the rear seat cover. Are they available elsewhere? To get the bolts and the sleeves they go in to I'm looking at about €15!

• Member Contributer

Let me check my shed....

Nope, the're gone. I now recall giving them to a guy who has since wrecked 2 4th gens.... (but he is ok).

I have the rear fairing bolts of the vtr1000SP. They have a wider washer/collar which cover nicely the cracked bit of fairing around the bolt hole.

• Member Contributer

Many Honda special bolts are the same, so you'll see them on several different bikes (the Blackbird-versions being the exception). If you're flush you can even buy titanium versions from TitanClassics on eBay...

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Many Honda special bolts are the same, so you'll see them on several different bikes (the Blackbird-versions being the exception). If you're flush you can even buy titanium versions from TitanClassics on eBay...

Ciao,

I replaced all mine with stainless dome headed bolts from Probolt.co.uk

It seems like the hex opening in my 6th gen's fairing bolts with the shoulder tend to get chewed up a bit - after the fairings come off numerous times for service they look a bit worse for wear. I don't want them to strip out and possibly leave the bolt stuck. Do either of these tend to hold up better?

I've had no problem with the bolts. Just don't over-tighten them, as the plastics aren't designed to be squeezed too hard. Have had to use some plastex & a mold to rebuild one of the recesses that cracked. It's been OK since.

• Member Contributer

Let me check my shed....

Nope, the're gone. I now recall giving them to a guy who has since wrecked 2 4th gens.... (but he is ok).

I have the rear fairing bolts of the vtr1000SP. They have a wider washer/collar which cover nicely the cracked bit of fairing around the bolt hole.

Must have been bad bolts if they caused two wrecks . :goofy:

ProBolt

Archived