Need Ideal Waterproof Bags For Factory Side Cases

4MUL8R

I have been trying to find the official or properly dimensioned fabric bags that fit inside the Honda side cases for the 2002 VFR. Google is not being friendly. Is there a known solution for waterproof bags that are truly designed for these unusually shaped cases? I need these for a road trip in the spring.

• Member Contributer

I have these, along with the Honda OEM ones. The quality of the aftermarket ones is not quite as good but they fit and get the job done. they aren't waterproof, but with the quality OEM bags they really shouldn't need to be waterproof.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-VFR800-Sideliners-with-Silver-Piping-/111154767183?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19e157254f&vxp=mtr

good customer service as well from Besteem. I had a bag that started to tear the first time I loaded it, and they replaced it quickly with no hassle. Good people.

• Member Contributer

I have these, along with the Honda OEM ones. The quality of the aftermarket ones is not quite as good but they fit and get the job done. they aren't waterproof, but with the quality OEM bags they really shouldn't need to be waterproof.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-VFR800-Sideliners-with-Silver-Piping-/111154767183?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19e157254f&vxp=mtr

good customer service as well from Besteem. I had a bag that started to tear the first time I loaded it, and they replaced it quickly with no hassle. Good people.

I'm also a fan of Bestem. Quality product, friendly service and at a great price. These things make the hard bags much more user friendly.

Givi T443 or T443B bags are exactly the same as OEM, but they don't have a Honda logo. Choose silver or black (I went with black to match my bike). Good quality bags at around $75 depending on where you find them.

The factory luggage is waterproof and has o-rings to seal the connection. I've never had any water get in, even when using a pressure washer to clean the bike.

I've used these -

08l79-mgs-j30-pannier-inner-bag-set_big0

So. Do these fit inside the panniers?

The stock panniers are givi v35's arent they?

• Member Contributer

The factory luggage is waterproof and has o-rings to seal the connection. I've never had any water get in, even when using a pressure washer to clean the bike.

I've used these -

I have a set of those and they are a near-perfect fit for the stock pannoers on the 6th Gen.

I've never had an issue with water ingress but then even when not using them I've not had an issue with water ingress.

• Member Contributer

I've got the Bestem, also. Never had a problem with them getting wet, but like has been said, the bags themselves don't really need to be waterproof as the hard cases are. I did have a problem with the zipper breaking on one of my Bestems, though. But I use them every day during riding season as I commute with the bike.

My 2 cents worth .....I have ridden thro' the torrential down pours of biblical proportions ....(didn't trust pulling over on the side of the trn'pike and getting parked over by a cage) and the OEM Hardcases didn't leak. My waterproof boots leaked, as did the waterproof riding pants liners. The gaskets in the hard cases seem to work well. and for 2 cents more, the "Dry Sacks" from the camping/hiking/rafting type departments are the best all round waterproof luggage there is. ... lots of sizes and colours to choose.

I've used these -

Yes. These are the OEM bag inserts. They are fantastic. At the end of the day just take these out and go to your hotel room and leave the hard luggage on your bike. They've been durable, too. I've had mine since 2006 and used them on every trip and commuting to and from work.

• Member Contributer

No. The stock panniers are made by Givi, but are a different shape, fit the bike better and in my view are far more attractive.

No. The stock panniers are made by Givi, but are a different shape, fit the bike better and in my view are far more attractive.

Really?

I've got some black v35's and they seem to look very similar to the standard stuff?

Interesting!

Archived