Sign A Petition To The Us Gov To Allow Lane Filtering (Lane Splitting)

MaxSwell

• Member Contributer

I experienced lane filtering for the first time this year heading north out of LA Calif. It was fabulous.

So let's try to get this nationally. It will save mc rider lives, reduce traffic congestion, yada, yada.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/allow-motorcycle-lane-sharing-all-public-roads/qP86QbjN

Signed. They have a lot of signatures to go.

Don't know it will do any good, but it can't hurt to try.

Yes, lane splitting can be very helpful.

Don't know I could stop myself doing it if I was riding in another state. :warranty:

• Member Contributer

Signed, was just going to post this myself.

Undoubtedly, if the left white house sends it over to the newly right congress, it should fly right through the approval process! :laughing6-hehe:

• Member Contributer

Signed, was just going to post this myself.

Undoubtedly, if the left white house sends it over to the newly right congress, it should fly right through the approval process! :laughing6-hehe:

Yeah! Let's tell Big Gov that we know better than they what is good for our own safety. (Fat chance :wheel: :unclesam: )

• Member Contributer

For the "Uninformed"...Traffics laws are the jurisdiction of States. The Federal Government can leverage threatening to withhold Highway funds. In this case I would reason that would be doubtful.

• Member Contributer

Signed... regardless of where the jurisdiction lies it never hurts to raise your voice to be heard on whatever forum possible

• Member Contributer

I've ridden in CA on three different trips (2005, 2006, 2010). It appeared that lane splitting works well there. My feeling is that a lot of the success is do to the public having been exposed to it for many years and they know what to expect.

If they started allowing lane splitting here in Texas I would not want to be the one to test the waters for a few years. The results would not be pretty. Ford F-350's side-by-side don't leave much extra room.

Mark

Archived