Blessed To Be Alive!

napcool

Thanks guys for all your support. Feels really good to be part of this family. Due to the holidays, I was able to just see a doctor and lawyer this week. Based on he X-ray, my AC joint (collar bone connects to the shoulder) is slightly disjointed and i have a neck spasm. Which in could of sessions and months I should be fine....I feel fine now as well.

The lawyer is looking into the case and contacting their insurance. I should have the adjuster come by for the bike next week...Any suggestion on what quote i Should give him? The bike has been in pristine condition and had 33000 miles on it.

How fast were you going?

I was going 20-30mph...I notice he wasn't looking at me and braked really hard.....So that kinda saved me I suppose...But not my bike :(

well, good thing you're safe..... though it tears my heart to see another 5th gen goes to the graveyard

I was fine with the accident and happy to come out alive...But it broke my heart to see my bike the way it is...it still does :(.....Time to get another one :)

• Member Contributer

If the adjustor comes to your house, make sure your property/lawn looks well cared for. Leave the bike "as is".

If you have any receipts etc, put them into a neat (not to neat it should look used) folder.

Print out (or put on your smartphone) a few pictures of her looking the best.

READ your insurance policy as to what level of support they are to give you in dealing with the adjustor from the opposing party.

Determine what amount you need to fix the bike and then some. If they meet that $, fine.

Gear, claim a new helmet and any clothing that got scuffed.

DONOT sign anything that relates to your injury, only do so AFTER the doctors give you the all clear or state that they can do no more.

If due to the accident you had expenses/missed revenue, put that forward too.

Lastly, if under US law you are allowed $ for emotional distress, there will be a book that shows what was awarded in similar cases in the past.

Very lastly, ask if you get to spit the car driver in the face!!! :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Dutchy really has it nailed - sound advice. No matter the monetary settlement, the loss of the personal investment most of us make in our bikes - working on them, modifying and personalizing them, and the emotional attachment is never recovered. But you do have your health almost entirely intact, which is priceless. Once you've settled you can turn the page and look forward to a new ride. Just be sure it's a V-4! Keep us posted on how it comes out.

• Member Contributer

Glad you survived. Too bad about your bike. In my family we have a saying: "GTBA". Glad To Be Alive (And Walking Around). I suspect you now know the feeling.

• Member Contributer

Glad you are ok. Also don't forget this is the U.S.A. so sue the bastard!!

Rollin, stop giving my students a vindictive spirit. LOL. I'm really glad

this all came out well except for the bike. The guys who cut him off really

were a sport about it. They helped him move it and cooperated in helping

him get the compensation process rolling.

I'll see you soon. Dawg

Archived