Motogp Valencia, [Spoiler]

hvfrdave

• Member Contributer

Valentino Rossi, on pole, really looking forward to tomorrow's race at Valencia. Roll on next season. Yamaha will be on the pace at the start of 2015 season, can't wait. :smile2:

• Member Contributer

Who would have thought the rookie in 2013 would break and make so many records? Kudos to VR too, a lot of people wrote him off but to not only come in 2 overall in the championships but he was only a few seconds behind MM where the next rider after him was more than 10 seconds!

Hopefully next year will see even more battles between MM and VR, I know that's what I'm looking forward to.

• Member Contributer

Yamaha, need to find out what is causing the problems with the Bridgestone tyres, once they get to 3/4 race distance, the tyre is goosed, until they do, MM and Honda, will no dought have the upper hand in 2015. for whatever reason the Honda does not suffer the same issue, to the same extent, as the Yamaha.

• Member Contributer

Rossi is having tyre problems towards the end of the race, or don't you listen to what he was saying, at the end of the race, everytime he has finished second to MM, its because his tyres have gone off.

MM is the only rookie in history to start out on a top-end factory bike, of course he is setting world records.

You know, since Honda had the rule barring rookies from having factory rides changed in 2012 so that MM could ride for them ;)

Agreed, Stoner started in 2006 on the LCR Honda, and in rookie year on a second tier bike he took a pole and very nearly a win.

Had he started on the Repsol Honda in 2006, with - for purposes of equalisation - someone like Valentino Rossi working behind the scenes as a test rider, and Rossi's old crew working for Stoner - how many titles and records might he now hold?

All due respect to Marquez, but it's certainly a combination of talents both on and off the bike that have seen him do what he has done.

• Member Contributer

Yamaha, need to find out what is causing the problems with the Bridgestone tyres, once they get to 3/4 race distance, the tyre is goosed, until they do, MM and Honda, will no dought have the upper hand in 2015. for whatever reason the Honda does not suffer the same issue, to the same extent, as the Yamaha.

Power pulses on that rear tire, crossplane (virtual v4 vs. real v4) can be the only thing. That or the electronics softening the power delivery. But when you are chasing Honda power, gonna be tough.

I do hope they can solve it. Rossi showed Marquez some wheels this year, caused Marc to crash trying to keep up on one occasion.....I want to see a season of that. But that is Yamaha, always playing catch up to Honda for the most part.

I am very happy to see a proper MotoGP derived production bike arrive to the stealers. I am going to show my support of that in a year or so :D

Archived