Tell It Like It Is Nicky!

• Member Contributer

Good interview, I really hope that Nicky gets another competitive ride before he retires.

• Member Contributer

When he showed up at the D-Store here in So Cal, he was pretty much the same, very honest and seems to be very modest. He kinda of made the same comment on the Honda underpowered issue as well. I like his answer to why he stayed in MotoGP!

• Member Contributer

He was never going to go to WSBK. He gets paid a healthy sum in GP's. He gets paid more than some factory riders (American Honda has a big share of that) in GP's. In WSBK, he would have made 25% of what he makes now, or less.

He's right on Laguna as well. Having gone almost every year of the last 15 years, then switching to COTA, COTA while a great track, and much closer to me, doesn't have the character that Laguna has. Laguna was also the favorite weekend of most of the riders in MotoGP. It's a great geographical area. Damn shame it's gone. I would have much rather seen Indy dropped as I think that is a shit track for this sport.

• Member Contributer

I hope Honda is embarrassed enough about last years satellite Yamahas (Forward Racing) kicking sand in their collective faces that they provide eh RVF1000 with a proper powerplant for next year. Even though with this latest wrist surgery Nick will not be the recipient of the one off competitive RVF planned for the second half of the GP season he could still make some noise with one next year.

• Member Contributer

Hayden is a Superstar in my book on many levels! :beer:

Absolutely! But spending all that time in Europe all these years has really ruined his Kentucky accent. :(

• Member Contributer

I thought I posted on here a while back but can't seem to find the thread. Nicky Hayden came into the D-Store one day when the folks from Jason Pridmore's school were there to talk about their curriculum. He mentioned the same issues he mentions in this interview. He has a house in Orange County and actually rode his road bicycle over. Here he is "pimping" it in his bicycle clothing line!

post-23057-0-16707000-1406854050.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived