Mine's Coming In A Few Weeks...

ShinyVFR

Hi.

I got into 'bikes a few years ago when I bought an SV650S. My wonky knees suffered too much and a Tiger 800 followed. Good as it is - and it's very good - I was after something in between in terms of concept and riding position. Something sportier than the Tiger, something more suited to touring than the SV.

So, Kawasaki Z1000SX it was. Until I rode one. Couldn't deal with leaning out over the front wheel on a long trip. The dealer had a Multistrada I was talked into riding. Couldn't dealm with that lumpy motor and it was the same adventure concept as the Tiger.

BMW F800GT? Almost did it, but it didn't exude the BMW impression of quality.

Riding past a Honda dealer, wondering if anyone had a bike 'for me', popped in and started chatting about the VFR. Tried it and was hooked, though even at an average 5'11" I struggled with my knee angle. The dealer was good enough to fit some lower pegs and that was it. Ordered. I think I probably made it too easy for the salesman when I came back gushing about "the best bike I've ever ridden"!

I could get it in perhaps a couple of weeks, but with a holiday, and an overly busy period at work, I'm waiting for 1st September and the latest registration plate in the UK. Hopefully I'll get a few days alone with my new toy and a trip up to and around Wales or Scotland to run it in.

I promise a photo or two then.

I think the deluxe model has adjustable seat height, don't know if standard is the low or high setting, but that might give more leg room also. I have a 1 inch taller seat, rather than lower pegs and does wonders for the legs.

• 1 month later...

Hi again,

I picked up my VFR last week and was lucky enough to blag a day off work to take a trip around sunny Wales as part of the running in period. The weather was perfect, the roads fairly quiet and the new bike was pretty much everything I want.

post-30958-0-70706800-1410614131.jpg

The only downer was the lights at night. They're brilliant (!) on straight roads - the best I've ever come across on a bike, but when you lean over for the corners, there's a shocking lack of illumination into the corners, even on high beam. Perhaps some spot lamps would help.

• Member Contributer

Welcome !!!!

i love the vfr in white ....

i have alot of twisties here in france going to work in the morning (country roads) and i have the same problem, not enough light into/going through corners ...........

like you say, perfect in straight lines, quite effective in the fog too .

you planning on changing the end can at all?

Cheers Rob,

I've never been big in changing things, though I've had to put lower pegs on to help the aches in my old knees. I'm clipping the exhaust a little with my heel now, so I might have to change it for clearance if I can't rotate the peg forward and stay comfortable.

I'm loving it in the twisty stuff, though - I'm finding it's a real blast after my Tiger 800 and reminds me how much fun modestly sized bikes are, like my old Suzuki SV650S. I tried a Z1000SX and a Multistrada (not quite the same market, I know), but the more compact and lighter feeling VFR won me over.

• Member Contributer

my knees anrt that old yet ( 34 or is it 35 ?? hmmmm ) anyways, after 40 odd kms i start to feel it, i'll be lowering pegs early next year too before touring . ( im only 1.76m tall )

i had a 2005 sv1000s for a while, loved it to bitsssss .

this vfr just feels so nippy in the twisties, hard to belive its 239 kgs n all . i think im in love :cheerleader:

im not touching the exhaust side but the swing arm on the other side Lol, i gotta give it a wipe with wd40 once a week, just put some clear film on as a test to see how it does.

Bonne route !!

• Member Contributer

my knees anrt that old yet ( 34 or is it 35 ?? hmmmm ) anyways, after 40 odd kms i start to feel it, i'll be lowering pegs early next year too before touring . ( im only 1.76m tall )

i had a 2005 sv1000s for a while, loved it to bitsssss .

this vfr just feels so nippy in the twisties, hard to belive its 239 kgs n all . i think im in love :cheerleader:

im not touching the exhaust side but the swing arm on the other side Lol, i gotta give it a wipe with wd40 once a week, just put some clear film on as a test to see how it does.

Bonne route !!

Clear coat the swing arm ..

Archived