Sandy Spares Stainless Exhaust

VFROZ

The delkevic ones are a lot cheaper ($300us vs £300) and are pretty good.

I got my set of delks a few years ago via delkevic US direct from china for $200 delivered.

• Member Contributer

The Sandys look badly designed and I have not heard anything good about them. Apart from that...

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the heads up Veefer800Canuck.

That looks really crap.

Can anyone else verify that the Delkevic's are any better?

No personal experience, but anecdotal experience (read: too many years wasting time on this forum) suggests that the Delkevics are good kit, and supports the earlier comments regarding the Sandys Bike Spares stuff.

While I had my '00 VFR800 disassembled, I had to remove the OEM exhaust and had no plans to reinstall it.

I wanted a stainless replacement for the OEM exhaust and looked at several places until I decided to buy the Dekelvic.

I contacted Dekelvic to order their PR1632 exhaust, which was essentially a stainless equivalent to the OEM exhaust.

I was told they had discontinued the PR1632, but they had the PR2237 as it's replacement.

I hadn't seen a PR2237 mentioned on their site, and the emailed me photos of it.

This exhaust was far better than the it's predecessor. Made of slip-fit stainless sections secured with springs, just like a proper race exhaust is. Not only that, it was US $75 cheaper to boot!

I bought the exhaust and installed it, and it is indeed a nice looking exhaust, and well worth the money (US $299 with free shipping).

My staintune slip-on muffler slipped right into place and was secured with it's clamp.

All the joint sections are slip-fit, and the kit comes with a gasket for use with the OEM muffler (not needed with Staintune), four exhaust port gaskets, good quiality stainless clamps, tube of anti-sieze for the flange nuts, springs and spring hook tool, brass O2 sensor plugs, and O2 sensor extension cable for the one O2 sensor as it is positioned away from the OEM position.

Workmanship is quite good (welds, finish, design, etc.). The only niggling point is the exhaust flanges where I wish they were either thicker or made of stiffer alloy.

When torquing the exhaust pipe flange nuts, they flex a bit, causing some heart palpitations as I did not want to break an exhaust stud.

But so far, all is working fine and without the catalyst, the sound level increase a might even with the same muffler.

Archived