Now I Have A Reason To Alter The 95

rallen0223

Riding up a hill yesterday. I got to the top of the hill when I started to downshift. As I went to pull the brake to stop at the light a couple hundred ft ahead of me, the handlebars started shaking so violently I couldn't stop it and accidently squeezed the front brake. The bike low sided at about 30 mph. Only the plastics are damaged and the left side mirror. I was wearing my helmet so the faceshield is trashed and unfortunately I wasn't wearing gloves so my hands are rashed pretty bad and my last 2 fingers on my right hand are broken. The bike still runs fine but I'm off it for a little while. Silver lining everything that was damaged I wanted to change and remove anyways. Let the modding begin. Ill post pics as it goes. ebetybe9.jpgu2y7uqus.jpgy3y6y2u5.jpgy9yvugyt.jpg

I'm swapping the whole front end triple tree, brake line, forks, gauge cluster, upper fairings, mirrors, turn signals all going to a newer gsxr 750 I think. R1 tail and subframe with undertail exhaust. Considering a streetfighter look for the side fairings nut might throw on a pair of cbr fairings if I find some extra money.

• Member Contributer

Sorry to hear about the accident....Glad you are able to type and think of the future!! If you need anything parts wise I do have a bunch of 4th gen stuff. Hope your hands get better soon, broken fingers are not fun.

• Member Contributer

Not a pretty sight, a scuffed red NACA................ :mad:

Having had my middle finger in a splint for 8 weeks, I wish you a speedy recovery with your 2 broken fingers...

While out of action riding wise, make sure you do your daily meditation sessions.

The mantra is

"I will wear ATGATT"

"I will wear ATGATT"

"I will wear ATGATT"

"I will wear ATGATT"

"I will wear ATGATT"

"I will wear ATGATT"

"I will wear ATGATT"

"I will wear ATGATT"

"I will wear ATGATT"

"I will wear ATGATT"

"I will wear ATGATT"

"I will wear ATGATT"

"I will wear ATGATT"

"I will wear ATGATT"

"I will wear ATGATT"

"I will wear ATGATT"

"I will wear ATGATT"

"I will wear ATGATT"

"I will wear ATGATT"

"I will wear ATGATT"

:goofy:

• Member Contributer

I may be willing to part with the parts I take off if anyone needs/wants oem plastics or parts I take off. Ill post on here what I have as I remove it

I would be interested in the rear cowling if you are parting out.

• Member Contributer

Ouch. But you seem to have a good outlook and this becomes an opportunity for personalization. "Handlebars started shaking so violently..." - needs some 'splainin.'

Idk if I hit groove in the road while I was shaking out my throttle hand or what caused the head shake. That's why I wanna swap the whole front end. It just started doing a hard tank slap. And I don't actually remember if I pulled the front brake or if the brakes seized which is why I'm swapping all the front end pieces.;

If the brakes seized, then they'd still be seized now. Unlikely to be that... Did you hit diesel or something slippery perhaps? Why weren't you wearing gloves?

• Member Contributer

Idk if I hit groove in the road while I was shaking out my throttle hand or what caused the head shake. That's why I wanna swap the whole front end.

If the groove/speed was serious enough to give the headshake that made you fall, a different front end is not going to save you.....

On my 4th Gen I can let go of the steering at 60mph and she will roll to zero w/o a shake....

• Member Contributer

First, I'm glad your relatively Ok. Crashing sucks, especially when you don't know for sure what caused it...hard to learn from it. Anyway, don't want to be a vulture, but when you get around to it, I'd consider buying what you want to get rid of. I need all the parts in the taillight assembly and the rear side fairings if they aren't cracked too bad...cracks are a way of life for Gen4 owners. When you're up to it, let me know.

Crashing sure stinks-have you thought about driving back to the scene? A friend of mine did after a crash and we found a skim coat of manure on the road-might help remove some of the doubt/issues you have with the front end

I haven't yet went back. I plan to real soon. I have a Dr appointment tomorrow for my fingers. That'll give me a timeline for when I can start taking the bike apart. On a different subject anyone know anything about putting frame sliders on? I thought I read its really hard on gen 4

• Member Contributer

On a 4th gen it requires drilling holes in the side fairings/NACA's.

But hold on....................... yours are bashed already! :goofy:

http://www.thurn-motorsport.de/html/protektoren-rc36.html

99-61RS36_montiert.jpg

99-RS9436-gesamt.jpg

99-RSN036-gesamt.jpg

61-RS9436_gesamt.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

What are my right side cowls worth?To go street fighter o. The vfr do I just take the side fairings off.

Depends on their condition and the interest of prospective buyers of course. Tell us about them...maybe with photos. The front side should be crack free as they seem to hold up better than the tail cowls. You should be able to get about 60% of dealer price if they are in good shape. All Gen4's that I know of with any real miles on them have cracks in the rear cowls. You'll get 75% of dealer price from me if they aren't cracked, or minimally cracked.

Alright the moment some of you have been waiting for. Pics of the parts for sale at the moment. I won't take any offers through private conversations as I don't know how much this stuff is worth and no one sells them so I can't price check. If you do private conversation me a price I'm going to post it on this conversation to get second opinions. All the money is going toward the resurrection of the 95 at this point and it's a bit of a bigger bill than I was planning. I'm not going to screw anyone but I'm also not going to get screwed either so that's the reasoning behind the second opinion and final price will be what we agree upon plus shipping. I'm gonna try and keep it local so as not to encure too much extra cost but as long as your willing to pay shipping I'll ship anywhere in the U.S. along with the picture will be a brief description plus any damage that is hard to see in the pictures if any. It'll be like an auction I guess until I get a price I like or I don't think anyone will go higher. I don't mean to come off like an ass but as I said this goes to the resurrection of my 95 VFR 750. Good luck and thanks a lot.

Reade

a2e7apan.jpg

The headlight is still intact if anyone wants or needs that it will go with the front end. No visible damage on the middle piece. The turn signals are also in tact although the left one is ground down a little bit. I can send the lenses or the whole socket assembly back to where the connector is if you desire just let me know what you need.

e5a5agat.jpg

Right side nose or upper fairing. No visible damage

ehahemu6.jpg

The left upper fairing. Does have rash but but doesn't seem like to much plastic is lost. Someone with some skills might be able to sand it down and paint it and it be almost unnoticeable. Just putting it on for an adventurous person.

e3a7a6aq.jpg

u3e8apud.jpg

Not really sure what you call this but it's the piece under the upper fairing that the side fairing and the belly pan attach to

The paint is chipped but there no real damage

mute3e9y.jpg

Right side fairing no visible damage

9aje3ahu.jpgabubaheb.jpg

Belly pan no visible damage

evupyva9.jpg

Windscreen will go with the upper fairing if you desire or separately. First come no damage

vajesaju.jpg

Right mirror with upper or separately first come

ujujyra8.jpg

Right side tail fairing no damage

ege6yve3.jpg

Rear with taillight and turn signals intact. No damage

2arata4a.jpg

Left side of tail fairing 2 cracks on outside and bolt hole is broken offzemagaby.jpg

Crack right under the seat

arysujyb.jpg

Crack right under where the cowl bolts to the bike

y4u4u9ar.jpg

Bolt connection under the seat that is broken off

That's everything

• Member Contributer

I would love to get the left upper from you!!! It is in better condition than the other ones I have....... let me know how you want to take care of pmnt.

Thanks

Gary

I would love to get the left upper from you!!! It is in better condition than the other ones I have....... let me know how you want to take care of pmnt.

Thanks

Gary

You want the whole upper or just the messed up left piece?

Archived