Holy Hot!

Epyon007

I road my first VFR today and it was great!!! It was a 5th, holy crap it cooked me like crazy!! I'm used to riding a naked bike so the heat it's to bad. Are 6th gens hot like the 5th? I sure would like to pay the price for a 5th gen over a 6. Though I like the 6th's looks better, of course I haven't tried one either.... But anyway 6th gen VFR hot tub ine a sauna on the equator or not so much?

• Member Contributer

I road my first VFR today and it was great!!! It was a 5th, holy crap it cooked me like crazy!! I'm used to riding a naked bike so the heat it's to bad. Are 6th gens hot like the 5th? I sure would like to pay the price for a 5th gen over a 6. Though I like the 6th's looks better, of course I haven't tried one either.... But anyway 6th gen VFR hot tub ine a sauna on the equator or not so much?

Not as hot and not nearly as loud !!!! Whine whine ..

• Member Contributer

I had a 5th gen and now have a 6th gen. I can't say I have noticed much difference in the cook factor. But compared to a lot of other bikes they are not bad. It's only when i have to ride in slow traffic in 85+ degree weather that i notice it. IMO - at highway speeds the VFR is fine at any temp. In cool weather it is really comfortable.

When you are straddling the two rear cylinders it's not possible to make it as cool of a ride as an I-4. But that issue is one of several that encouraged me to keep my Honda 919 as a second bike (especially for those days when the temps are 90+).

Like I said I'm coming off a naked bike so I'm getting 2000% more air flow. My Daytona would cook you too but I got used to it. Just another thing to adjust too.

• Member Contributer

Like I said I'm coming off a naked bike so I'm getting 2000% more air flow. My Daytona would cook you too but I got used to it. Just another thing to adjust too.

That's why you see them(Daytona's) with there exhaust wrap ..

• Member Contributer

Never noticed heat issues on my 6th gen.

It's fine.

You've got a 100 hp engine between your legs...

• Member Contributer

I have both. I also like the looks of the 6th Gen over the 5th. I'm beginning to prefer riding the 5th Gen but don't tell MaxSwell.

I don't think the 5th Gen cooks you.

I have both. I also like the looks of the 6th Gen over the 5th. I'm beginning to prefer riding the 5th Gen but don't tell MaxSwell.

I don't think the 5th Gen cooks you.

Max was actually who let me ride his bike. I want to try a 6th gen now so I can get a feel for them as well. Then I can decide what I'm buying!

• Member Contributer

Just got back from a 50 mile ride on the 6th Gen. Granted it's only 71 degrees Fahrenheit out but there wasn't heat build up. Leather pants and boots help protect you from heat.

Haven't tried a 6th gen myself, but i'll speak for my 5th gen at least. While it seems like VFR's like to run relatively hot in stop/go traffic. Cooking factor on this bike is 2-3 out of 5. Modern crotchrockets (CBR600/1000, R6, ...etc.) Are real legs cookers with the engine setting really high and wide. At a lower running temp than my VFR, i feel alot more heat riding my brother's CBR1000RR even on higher speeds and once the two radiator fans kick in, u have medium well - well done human thighs for dinner :D u could literally feel strong flow of steam blowing

• Member Contributer

I always wrap my pipes and I also wrap my RC45 customers pipes to curb
the heat that radiates from the heat of combustion
gallery_3131_51_1853.jpg

gallery_3131_51_90260.jpg

gallery_3131_51_19326.jpg[

The amount of corrosion is limited to slight graying of the titanium
surface... buffed with grey micro 3M pad the luster of the metal
returns...
gallery_3131_51_52132.jpg

I also blanket the rear cylinders with a aluminumized Kevlar wrap to
curb the heat that radiates from the heat of combustion... the net
result is a lot cooler seat and more comfort for the rider...
365642751_60be95b36e.jpg

I used this Kelar Aluminized Heat Barrier product...

http://www.jscspeed.com/catalog/Thermo_Tec_Heat_Barriers_Aluminum_Kevlar-387-1.html

and 1" Titanium exhaust wrap
http://www.shop.speedunlimited.com/p-1273-dei-010126-titanium-exhaust-header-heat-wrap-1-x-50-ft.aspx

• Member Contributer

Busy little shop, do u have any overall pics of your bike with that heat wrap?

Sorry that is it...

Archived