Official Rapid Bike Race Group Buy!

CandyRedRC46

Question

Hey guys,

One of the best shops in my home town Orlando, just became the official Dimsport Rapid Bike dealer of North America. I stopped by the other day to check out the shop and inquire about tuning my Rapid Bike 2 and other general moto talk. I showed the owner my bike and everything that that I have done to it. I told him about my quarter mile times and that there are many other people that would love to have rapid bike products on their vfr800's as well, but there is nothing available for us...

So he got in contact with dimsport and they said all we need is 10 people to put down a deposit on just the harness and they will release the Evo and Race modules for VFR800 use!!!!

Guys this is VERY VERY powerful technology! The Evo module is fully capable of auto tuning the fuel map with the factory o2 sensors. The race module is capable of doing this as well plus it has the ability to tune the ignition timing as well.

I will be first to put down a deposit so we just need 9 more people in line and we can make this happen!!!

I will post more information on actual pricing and all of the features of the Dimsport Rapid Bike Race and Evo modules later on tonight!

Thanks for your time guys! Let's make this happen!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.dimsport.com/rapidbike/

• Answers 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Member Contributer

Any update on whether production will be quicker with regards to existing vfr800 crossrunner harness

No they still want to build from scratch. Lol but really it doesn't matter because the rapid bike racing still needs to be developed (firmware and software) and we are getting a way better deal this way too.

• Member Contributer

Do we get stickers to make our bikes look faster?

... :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Well better late than never, Ferry WiFi in the middle of the bay of Biscay caused a major headache, then the international element threw a spanner in the works, so a couple of PayPal invoices later it was all sorted ! Can't wait :)

• Member Contributer

Well better late than never, Ferry WiFi in the middle of the bay of Biscay caused a major headache, then the international element threw a spanner in the works, so a couple of PayPal invoices later it was all sorted ! Can't wait :)

nice!!

this should be a fun group effort :)

I can't wait to start tweaking and comparing results!

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

Yeah to see who needs the most additional fueling throughout the rev range should give a good indication of who is flowing the most air through their motor and in turn possibly making the most power. Then maybe we could have a Dino day in Orlando.

Hey guys, just a quick update, the harness' have been completed. Now we just need to wait until the software/firmware has been created. So it shouldn't be too much longer, except the entire country of Italy will be on vacation until September. So again, we're right on schedule, everything should be ready to ship by October.

• Member Contributer

Hopefully they won't program our maps on the first day back from holiday... all hungover and mad 'cause they're back at work...

Power Commander doesn't list the PC5 for 5th gens but the 6th gen PC5 can be made to work... PC3 is available for 5th gens

Okay that's what I figured. That all the hardware (connectors) are identical, the firmware is probably the same and the only thing that would need updating would be the fuel and ignition map. So I will talk to them about it tomorrow.

Hey CRRC46, will this unit be of a quality that is comparable to the Rapid Bike II module? Both you, and a distributor I spoke with about the Rapid Bike units last year, have stated that the RB III is basically 'crap', and not worth getting. I was never able to get a RB II module and gave up :blink: ...

ACE

I definitely never said the rapid bike 3 was crap. I have said that all the offerings from dyno jet (PC2 PC3 and PCV etc) are crap compared to all the dimsport offerings...

If you talked to anyone at rapidbikeusa.com please be aware that they were terminated from dimsport in 2009 and are now involved in a major law suit. The only legal us distributer for dimsport products in the US is now Cycle Pro in Orlando Florida. So I wouldn't be surprised if Lenny from rapid bike USA told you that, because he currently being sued by dimsport.

Anyways the rapid bike 2 and 3 are physically identical on the outside. Both have a weather tight aluminum allow outer case that is a million times more durable than the flimsy plastic power commander units.

I have had my rapid bike 2 for over a year now and it's performance has been perfect the whole time. And the rapid bike 3 is identical with the exception of having the ability to store multiple maps.

So where are you at as far as the group buy is concerned. I may be interested if the price is right.

Well we are currently at about 20 buyers now, so we are good. The wiring harness has already been completed and the programming should be finished by October. If you wish to place your order, you can do so here:

http://rapidbike.us/t/categories/honda

• Member Contributer

So I am hesitating between the EVO and the RACING being limited on funds.

I am not someone who will be playing around with the software all that much and although Ignition timing dynamic control and Engine braking control do sound cool (Pit–lane rpm limiter is not something I need), I am wondering if it is really worth it to get the RACE. I mean, it is obviously the next step up and looks superb but I'm not sure the extra 190$ is worth it for me.

Anybody want to convince me otherwise? :biggrin:

Thanks!

Well.... The ignition advance map of the rapid bike racing, will be worth at least 8% more midrange horse power and torque. (That was the case with the older rapid bike 2 that I am currently running)

Archived