Official Rapid Bike Race Group Buy!

CandyRedRC46

Question

Hey guys,

One of the best shops in my home town Orlando, just became the official Dimsport Rapid Bike dealer of North America. I stopped by the other day to check out the shop and inquire about tuning my Rapid Bike 2 and other general moto talk. I showed the owner my bike and everything that that I have done to it. I told him about my quarter mile times and that there are many other people that would love to have rapid bike products on their vfr800's as well, but there is nothing available for us...

So he got in contact with dimsport and they said all we need is 10 people to put down a deposit on just the harness and they will release the Evo and Race modules for VFR800 use!!!!

Guys this is VERY VERY powerful technology! The Evo module is fully capable of auto tuning the fuel map with the factory o2 sensors. The race module is capable of doing this as well plus it has the ability to tune the ignition timing as well.

I will be first to put down a deposit so we just need 9 more people in line and we can make this happen!!!

I will post more information on actual pricing and all of the features of the Dimsport Rapid Bike Race and Evo modules later on tonight!

Thanks for your time guys! Let's make this happen!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.dimsport.com/rapidbike/

• Answers 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I'm in.

(Quick question: does the module plug into the ECU or piggy back from the injectors? If it's from the ECU, different harness would be required outside the US. Not a problem for me, but something to keep in mind)

And now on to the quick shifter. The rapid bike racing and Evo comes with quick shift enabled as well. It is not a different ECM as in the bazzaz. This quick shifter utilizes strain gauge technology instead of just a simple on off switch. So precisely just the right amount of lever effort can be dialed in in order to initiate the shift cut.

And another added bonus over the older models is shift cut times can be made for each individual gear as well as low med and high rev range, which yields 18 individual shift cut times!!! So now a high rpm 1-2 shift can be dialed in to perfection with out sacrificing a low rpm 5-6 shift.

The rapid bike racing module is the real deal guys.

• Member Contributer

You can go through cycle pro or me. If you go through cycle pro the managers name is Yaman.

We are not going to be taking any deposits until all ten commitments are made.

Count me in... I emailed Yaman through the Cycle Pro website to add me to the list. Let me know if you need any additional info. Thanks...

OK, I'm in.

(Quick question: does the module plug into the ECU or piggy back from the injectors? If it's from the ECU, different harness would be required outside the US. Not a problem for me, but something to keep in mind)

Here you go, this is all the information there is on all of the current Rapid Bike technology.

RB DOC 2014 (1).pdfRB Product Info (Good).pdf

Okay so this is what I have so far for committed and interested buyers:

Confirmed
1. CandyRedRC46
2. HighSideNZ
3. MVinOZ
4. Rush2112
Possibly Interested?
5. Mohawk
6. carlgustav
7. Keef
8. HumalogAddict
9. Grayv3
10. gll429

Looks like were off to a good start!

OK, I'm in.

Here you go, this is all the information there is on all of the current Rapid Bike technology.

attachicon.gifRB DOC 2014 (1).pdfattachicon.gifRB Product Info (Good).pdf

Thank you. Looks like it plugs into the injector & ECU harness.

One more quick thing, are they aware the ECU & ECU plug type changed after '05? I would assume so, but better to be safe than sorry.

• Member Contributer

OK, I'm in.

attachicon.gifRB DOC 2014 (1).pdfattachicon.gifRB Product Info (Good).pdf

Thank you. Looks like it plugs into the injector & ECU harness.

One more quick thing, are they aware the ECU & ECU plug type changed after '05? I would assume so, but better to be safe than sorry.

I'm assuming the pre '06 plugs are the ones that work with the 5th gens?!? anybody with a 5th gen running a pc5 know which version of the 6th gen connector is the same???

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

I'll talk to dimsport about that. They made the older rb1, rb2 and rb3 all available for both the fifth and sixth gens so the should definitely know.

And now the updated list:

Okay so this is what I have so far for committed and interested buyers:

Confirmed

1. CandyRedRC46

2. HighSideNZ

3. MVinOZ

4. Rush2112

5. CornerCarver

Possibly Interested?

6. Mohawk

7. carlgustav

8. Keef

9. HumalogAddict

10. Grayv3

11. Gll429

Thanks for all the support guys!!!

• Member Contributer

Old site last updated 2009 !!!! Does nOT even mention the newer systems that Dimsport make. !!!! be wary of the internet cache or old orphaned sites.

Confirmed

1. CandyRedRC46

2. HighSideNZ

3. MVinOZ

4. Rush2112

5. CornerCarver

6. Mohawk

Possibly Interested?

7. carlgustav

8. Keef

9. HumalogAddict

10. Grayv3

11. Gll429

Looks like we're a little more than halfway there!

• Member Contributer

Is the $175 deposit for the wire loom? I could come up with that now but the $5xx for the Race will take longer... I gotta buy other parts right now to get her running...

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

Yes all we need is 10 people to purchase a wire loom for $175 each, for everything to get put into production. We just need a total of ten committed buyers lined up and then we can purchase the wire looms from Cycle Pro, then Cycle Pro will place the order with Dimsport and then Dimsport will begin production on the harness' for the vfr800. As far as the Rapid Bike Racing and Evo modules go, those are already in stock at Cycle Pro and will only need to be reflashed with the appropriate map and firmware, so you do not need to worry about buying the actual module right away, you can do that separately on your own time.

So, do you know if this particular harness has any part that needs to plug into the VFRs diagnostic connector that sits up near the fuse box behind the front cowl? I already have a digital gear indicator plugged in here ...

ACE

No there is no connection to the diagnostics plug. It taps into the fuel injectors, throttle position, crank position and o2 sensors.

I have a question, would there be a map the comes pre-programmed to just plug and play or do you have to go into the software and make one? I ask because this is my first FI bike and I never experimented with a PC or anything like that. Also you mentioned that it it can make its own map via the factory oxygen sensors, can you just hook them up and let the module tune itself?

Yes it will come premapped and be plug and play. This map will be much better than the factory fueling, like 90 or 95% perfect depending on your set up, but to get it perfect all you have to do is let the module tune it self. It would be a good idea to research how everything works though.

Tentatively in... I need to do some more research on this before I pull the trigger.

From the sounds of it, I would be getting the EVO. I have an '06 VFR800.

Yes seriously. I do not want to put the Evo down as it too is a great product, but the vfr800's come seriously neutered from the factory with their ignition curves pulled way back to run on 87 in all conditions. I have added about 4 degrees timing to my ignition map in the midrange at 100% throttle and the difference is dramatic how much harder it pulls and how effortlessly it lifts the front off the ground. There might even be more power to be made still as I have ran 91 on it with no issues. I just really need to get on a dyno to be sure.

But either way all we need is you to do right now is purchase the harness, which will work on either the Rapid Bike Racing or Rapid Bike Evo. Then later on once they are being produced you can make up your mind for sure. It doesn't really matter, they are both excellent products that you will not be disappointed in. It is your call.

• Member Contributer

But either way all we need is you to do right now is purchase the harness, which will work on either the Rapid Bike Racing or Rapid Bike Evo. Then later on once they are being produced you can make up your mind for sure. It doesn't really matter, they are both excellent products that you will not be disappointed in. It is your call.

Well I'm interested as long as all I have to purchase right away is the harness (not enough $ on hand for the whole pkg. at this time). When you state 'later on once they are being produced' you are referring to the harness, not the Racing/EVO modules, correct? The modules themselves are already available?

ACE

Confirmed

1. CandyRedRC46

2. HighSideNZ

3. MVinOZ

4. Rush2112

5. CornerCarver

6. Mohawk

Possibly Interested?

7. carlgustav

8. Keef

9. HumalogAddict

10. Grayv3

11. Gll429

12. Pnut1236

13. Arrrghhh

14. Mspence82

Okay everyone let me know if this looks good. This looks very promising! We are very close to making this happen!

There isn't a specific deadline, but I would like to get the harness' into production with in the next couple weeks. If we don't hit ten committed buyers with in a month I will pick up the last couple myself to make this happen. Then I will just sell them on my own later once we have a few of us out there with the full systems and demand starts ramping up.

I understand people are always going to be weary of a new product like this, but a few of us are already running the last generation of rapid bike modules and we know how powerful of a tuning tool they really are, so I know the new generation of rapid bike modules will prove themselves very soon.

• Member Contributer

After reading through this thread and the links...I'm in!

Archived