Aftermarket Pipes For Gen 8

dogman

What do you think of the sound of the SC project exhaust without the baffle while riding? I have one as well now,

I think it is fairly loud compared to my Akrapovic, and doesn't have the nice mellow sound of the Akrapovic without baffle, a bit more of a harsh bark.

On the other hand it is a good looking pipe, well made and much smaller and shows off a lot more of the back wheel.

Maybe its worth playing around with the baffle a bit because the baffle totally kills it for any note at all and makes it just like the stock can, and it looks fairly restrictive as well, and it may be possible to come up with a compromise baffle to avoid any unwanted attention, just a thought.

Also I wonder whether it has induced a slightly lean run as I was getting over 22Ks/litre yesterday, spirited riding, and slight snatchiness on/off throttle although nothing too bad.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the sound without the baffle to be honest. I wear earplugs always, and don't find it loud or 'barky' myself - can't speak for others around me, though but am yet to hear any complaints. Yes, it's a harsh bark (especially in VTEC zone) but I actually kind of like that.

If I get neighbourhood complaints and have to put the baffle back in then I might play around with it - it doesn't look as though it would be too difficult to modify.

Mine is actually less snatchy on/off throttle than it was with the stock can - can't speak for economy though - have only commuted really and I don't have a good commuting reference point for this bike anyway. I'll only know after I go for a longer run.

I love the sound without the baffle to be honest. I wear earplugs always, and don't find it loud or 'barky' myself - can't speak for others around me, though but am yet to hear any complaints. Yes, it's a harsh bark (especially in VTEC zone) but I actually kind of like that.

If I get neighbourhood complaints and have to put the baffle back in then I might play around with it - it doesn't look as though it would be too difficult to modify.

Mine is actually less snatchy on/off throttle than it was with the stock can - can't speak for economy though - have only commuted really and I don't have a good commuting reference point for this bike anyway. I'll only know after I go for a longer run.

Yes its OK soundwise while riding along but particularly noisy on cold startup on the fast idle which is when I am adjacent to my neighbors, but no comments so far

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

So is this discussion over? Are all the exhausts discussed in here all the options?

It may not be, looks as if you would like to add something.

So is this discussion over? Are all the exhausts discussed in here all the options?

Not sure what you mean? I've been following this to see all the options, I don't know of any other exhausts than what's here.

• Member Contributer

Not sure what you mean? I've been following this to see all the options, I don't know of any other exhausts than what's here.

Feel free to try some Google-ing and see what else, if anything, comes up.

Keep us posted.

I can't tell if u guys are being dicks or not? I don't own an 8gen I have a 6th. I'm interested in picking up an 8th but am curious of what can options there are. I've obviously googled and have seen quite a few but I thought this was a good discussion to see everything out there state side and elsewhere. If I read u guys wrong my bad.

I don't think they are being dicks, they just aren't being very verbose. There are quite a few exhaust options available for the 8th gen and if that isn't enough, you can use any 5th gen can as well. And if that still isn't cool enough, you can have a midpipe made and use just about any can you want out there. There are literally tons of options!

• Member Contributer

I can't tell if u guys are being dicks or not? I don't own an 8gen I have a 6th. I'm interested in picking up an 8th but am curious of what can options there are. I've obviously googled and have seen quite a few but I thought this was a good discussion to see everything out there state side and elsewhere. If I read u guys wrong my bad.

No not being dicks at all.

It's kind of hard to remember what has been said over the past 45 pages or,In fact how many times the same question has been asked.

I don't have a clue where plantation is. I know what a plantation is. I'm assuming your stateside and not in Europe or in the antipodes.

As there will be variations on what is available depending on where you are in the world.

A quick google came up with 14 different suggestions on the first page.

In reply to your statement what exhausts do you know of and let's see if we can add to the list

I don't think they are being dicks, they just aren't being very verbose. There are quite a few exhaust options available for the 8th gen and if that isn't enough, you can use any 5th gen can as well. And if that still isn't cool enough, you can have a midpipe made and use just about any can you want out there. There are literally tons of options!

Yes and the midpipe is just a length of 51mm tube with a bend in it. If you have access to Delkevic spare parts you can use one of theirs.

• Member Contributer

^^ That reminds me of the shotgun style exhaust 2 Brothers used to make for the 4th gen. I probably have a photo of one laying around someplace.

• Member Contributer

Hi PearlBlueSoul.

Just for info - the link you posted showing the IXIL L3XB exhaust is misleading, the picture shows the exhaust extending well beyond the pillion foot pegs, in real life they are much shorter as per pictures.

http://www.ixilusa.com/ixil-l3xb-hyperlow-black-exhaust-honda-vfr-800-f-2014-2015/#.Vs_jY8e3f8s

WP_20151023_002.jpg

WP_20151023_001.jpg

post-30826-0-05319100-1456556225.jpg

post-30826-0-70256200-1456556281.jpg

Hi PearlBlueSoul.

Just for info - the link you posted showing the IXIL L3XB exhaust is misleading, the picture shows the exhaust extending well beyond the pillion foot pegs, in real life they are much shorter as per pictures.

http://www.ixilusa.com/ixil-l3xb-hyperlow-black-exhaust-honda-vfr-800-f-2014-2015/#.Vs_jY8e3f8s

Whats your opinion of the ixil exhaust love the look how does it sound

• Member Contributer

G'day wrmjones.

Have a look at post number 383 in this thread, there is a video with these pipes installed. They sound good, perhaps my Arrow Pro Racing pipe had a deeper sound, but just really like the looks of the IXIL.

Cheers.

Grum

G'day wrmjones.

Have a look at post number 383 in this thread, there is a video with these pipes installed. They sound good, perhaps my Arrow Pro Racing pipe had a deeper sound, but just really like the looks of the IXIL.

Cheers.

Grum

Hi PearlBlueSoul.

Wow! Didn't realize the proportions were so drastically different than the photos they show on their site. Shorter and smaller dia. tubes relative to the bike. Sort of liked the larger, longer look a bit more. Scale is such an odd thing...

Well, looks like I keep the Delkevic then. Thanks for the tip!

Same here, price was the biggest part as was the look. More or less knew what the sound would be given the prior bike I owned had cans on it. I sort of wished Delkevic had the snout pointed straight down vs at an angle but thats my OCD getting in the way. Great pipe, easy to fit, and the pipe color is changing as it wears in. Starting to match the wheel color a bit with a nice light bronze tint to it from the polish it had before.

Guys who bought the Ixil, how long did it take from ordering to pipe at your door? And does anyone know the difference between the two black L3XB pipes on their website?

• Member Contributer

@Jhenley17: I ordered my Ixil on Feb 29th, shipped on Mar 1st @ the house on Mar 4th. Not sure of the difference in the exhaust they have some issues with their website. I tried to order the silver (stainless) slip on but it was discontinued in Dec. Guy called me up curious to know how I had ordered it online, said it shouldn't still be up on the site. He offered me the black instead and met me in the middle on the price increase(he offered due to website issue).here is what my order showed for the black: "IXIL L3XB BLACK HYPERLOW XL EXHAUST HONDA VFR 800 F 2014-2015 "

Archived