Vfr All "adv'd" - Knobbies Mounted (Tkc80S) - Ultimate "do Everything" Ride?

• Member Contributer

Even a BMW R can me made to look knobbly!

post-8974-0-12780800-1400826816.jpg

post-8974-0-01718400-1400826805.jpg

• Member Contributer

Cool looking, and I like dirt bikes but...IMO the VFR is about the worst bike to take out in serious dirt. When you fall down, and that's when not if, where does the

bike land? On its side, which is not a great idea with the VFR's side mounted radiators. I always figured it I couldn't get up the road with the tires the VFR had on

it, then I didn't need to go on that particular bike. At the same time I can see where you're coming from. Just keep the tires in contact with the ground and you're

golden. :wheel:

But hey, have some fun on the thing, that's what they're for. :beer:

I think it is pretty cool. But I think anything that is a little more dirt oriented is cool. Guess I get that because I grew up with dirt bikes. I don't know how many times I tried to take my Buell XB9R in the dirt, or at least was tempted to.

I had a little 600 Monster once and I think I had that bike sideways on dirt roads more than I had it on the assault. I thought about dirt tires on that thing many times!

Why do you keep saying "in the dirt"? I'm not taking it OFF road - that would be nuts. Just DIRT ROADS, man. I just have more traction, now

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Was supposed to hit the Stevenson-to-Packwood section of the WABDR over the long weekend (was probably going to have snow blocking part of the route, but wife and I were going to at least check it out and report back to the advrider.com folks...) and then this happened: y9ysemut.jpge5a7aquz.jpghyte6ury.jpganyzyre7.jpg

I'd like to see the fairings ditched and bashplates fabricated. Maybe even some barkbusters. You haven't gone far enough.

Barkbusters have been in the back of my head...but there's quite a bit (more) upper fairing and windscreen chopping/Dremel-ing for that to work. We'll see. Asking around for some quotes on the bash plate...

• Member Contributer

Ai that stator looks crispy.............

This is how my 80,000km one looks like

post-8974-0-59899600-1401260395.jpg

(no surprise that the output/resistance is still ok)

I really like this idea, got me thinking about turning an old dunger into an off roader, not as flash as the crossrunner, but moving the radiators and upgrading the suspension. Hmmmm (sound of cogs turning.)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cool, I could take my Viffer to Alaska! I leave next week to go see my son in Tacoma. 3200 mile round trip on my VFR, of course by way of Bonneville speed week!

• 1 year later...

I'm necromancing this thread as I'm thinking about doing something similar

I'm now working to send my 5th gen to me in Argentina.  Buying anything decent here has been tough and I love my bike in the US.  But out here in the desert, the roads aren't perfect and are often dirt (and some occasional gravel, mud and mess in the vineyards).  So, I'd like to put these tires on.

@blainerides, are you still riding the adventureceptor?  how are the twinduros holding up?  how do they handle in the city, highway and most importantly in the mess?

My plan is to put some helibars on, a pair of barkbusters and to put these shoes on, which I hope will do well in the strange terrain down here.

Thanks- I hope you're still out there!

Make sure you post up some pictures!

It will be at least a few months before age arrives, but I will for sure

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It will be at least a few months before age arrives, but I will for sure

Before *she arrives. Effing phone

I think its killer man, ive got my vfr places that it was never meant to go, on tires that wernt meant for it, 1000 miles from home.  These bikes can take it, and I think your actually pulled it off, maybe cut down on the Eiffel tower a little though.

Archived