Vinyl Wrap

98viffer

I would like to paint my bike but if I do I would rather fork out the money and have it professionally done well. I've been looking at vinyl wraps as perhaps something to do I the mean time. Does anyone have any experience with them on their bike? Good stories, bad, trial and error, and how much was needed? Just like to do a little tinkering and want to do something about the currently shitty paint situation. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Wrapped my Hawk in fake Carbon because painter was taking too long and I had to ride to Hawk Rally.

Been 6 month now, still using spare plastic... good painters who do work on time are hard to find.

Carbon was cheap, regular vinyl is even cheaper, but stretching to fit the curve it is a nightmare. I have seen professionally done chrome and gold wraps, but that takes "mad skillz"

I have heat gun (pros use propane) but my skillz are lacking, that's why I don't bother with full vehicle wraps, just lettering on mostly flat surfaces

This rally stripe was worth 20 hp!

382528_171669363005131_1167111550_n.jpg

• Member Contributer

An extra 20hp on a bug is like an extra bucket of water in a sieve.

Aside from the car, the lettering looks really well done. Nice sharp edges.

98viffer: If you know an old school radio control model airplane builder (b4 all the ready made stuff), he would have the skills. The various weight plastic films, fabrics and tissues used to cover model airplanes were applied similarly, using heat guns and/or small irons. The 'coverings' used sometimes had the adhesive on the back side. Alternately the adhesive was painted on the airframe. R3~

I had that same wing on one of my bikes, (not my work) with a last feather cut of on a weird angle, must be some generic internet template that is altered in case Honda decides to push copyright

• Member Contributer

professionally done, but has held up very well.

attachicon.gifnc30 repsol (1).JPG

Wow - thread hijack - do you have a build topic on this thing?

/thread hijack

Nope, vfr400 that was bought as pictured. PO's build thread was lost in a different site's crash :(

• 2 weeks later...

Archived