Reality Sets In--- Damn-- Internet Pics Are Not The Same As In Person !

Guest theelf

well i finally started going over the bike i got sunday and the fuel lines to the fuel filter broke------------------ there is a weird orange looking fuel filter and the gas looked like that after i drained the tank out------ wtf dirty orange brown type gas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the air filter had bugs galore in it-like wings and parts like roaches----

there is this wierd orange dirt looking crap on the frame and under the tank where the fairings hide this--didnt see that on the internet pics----

so i put fresh gas in it and cleaned the airfilter replaced the old fuel line and filter-- so far so good-- fired up needed a little choke -- i checked the antifreeze and the meter stated it was still over 165-- but there was some stuff on the valve cover on back cylinder but did not notice any fresh leaks..

-- so i will update with pics later-- wait till u see this fuel filter--!!! the new one is white same filter and this one is orange-----------

you would think the shop woulda put new gas in it and go over the bike and do the maintance kinda disappointed in them--i was specific in the maintance on this bike before i sent them the money-I trusted them over phone-- had the bike shipped from chicago--truck driver from the shipping was cool and got the bike door to door--!!!!

anyone interested in this i will update as time allows but so far so good nothing major---------------------------------- I guess i just keep my bikes in better condition then most --------

• Member Contributer

The orange color fuel is probably due to rust in the tank. Check the tank with a flashlight to confirm.

Rollin

• Member Contributer

You are correct elf. Always get the seller to send real pictures to your email address. They will show more detail and you can pan and zoom to really get a good idea of what condition the bike is in. I can show you a few 4th Gens on the internet right now that look good in the add but when the pics are sent all the plastic is scratched and broken and some even missing. How does that constitute excellent condition? Not by my standards.

• Member Contributer

Don't think I would ever purchase a bike without eyes on it directly...either mine or someone I trust. I know that's not very helpful...I am truly sorry that you were taken advantage of like that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I flushed tank with gas- no real bad rust i could see in there just some dirty looking tidbits-- so i added sea foam to some fresh gas and so far so go i need to ride it and run a few tanks through and maybe change the fuel filter again----- Thanks for all your help if i ever find the charger for the camera i will post pics of bike and other areas i was stalking about-- Thanks again guys

well i changed the oil and guess what a fram oilfilter?? really the holes are different then the honda filter- arghhhh but i took it for a 50 mile ride today got some fresh gas and a little seafoam in there she seems to be running fine-- valve adjustment carbsync next spring !! can't wait-- get the bike just in time to store it-- arghhhhhh

• Member Contributer

way to go man, post some pics when you finish riding around and charge your camera (or phone).

• Member Contributer

Yeah, don't let this be another phantom motorcycle............... :-)

Yeah, don't let this be another phantom motorcycle............... :-)

no i will get my wifes phone and try to upload some pics but the only way i know how is to create a file from the old camera-- ill show my 2007 i sold--

Archived