Fender Eliminator

Lint

What are my options? I have some inspection plate thing I found somewhere and it has worked, but it's not the best solution. The other choice I saw was around $50, and it looks like stamped, machine bent metal that is probably pumped out by the hundreds with nothing but pure profit. Case in point, Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator.

If anyone knows of a place to buy the inspection tag thing from, I can't remember and it has since cracked on me.

Any other choices?

ETA: I found this; http://www.vfrworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36348, I'll take a look tomorrow. I am still open to suggestions. The guy I bought it from had the license plate sideways. :laughing6-hehe:

• Member Contributer

My Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator was installed by the previous owner and works just fine. Not sure about the inspection tag piece as we don't have the inspections here in Colorado.

• Member Contributer

Beware folks if you live in a wet climate.I purchased a Fender Eliminator from Puig,which looks very similar to the photo above. The Eliminator looked good, and I was well satisfied.That was until I had had my first wet ride out.On removing the seat later that day I was surprised to see the whole area below,flooded with water and grit.Even the PCV was sitting in a pool of water.The water enters through the gap between the rear lens and fender and any other gap it can find.I Tried sealing the gaps, but the water still came through.I eventually gave up and refitted the original fender...You live and learn!.

I had one on my last bike and while the bike looks nice® without a rear fender... it DOES serve a purpose. It keeps the rain off your back. Granted, if you ride in the rain, you will get wet, but do you really want all that road grime on the back of your jacket?

• Member Contributer

Ever ride behind a fender-eliminated mc in the rain. It sucks bog water along with the rain and road grit sprayed on anyone behind. :mad:

The stock plastic fender was eliminated by the previous owner. They had the license plate sideways. I guess I'll look into fabricating a better looking bracket to mount the plate to. The metal bracket is hanging down, as in the link above, but I don't have anything to create a horizontal bracket.

Beware folks if you live in a wet climate.I purchased a Fender Eliminator from Puig,which looks very similar to the photo above. The Eliminator looked good, and I was well satisfied.That was until I had had my first wet ride out.On removing the seat later that day I was surprised to see the whole area below,flooded with water and grit.Even the PCV was sitting in a pool of water.The water enters through the gap between the rear lens and fender and any other gap it can find.I Tried sealing the gaps, but the water still came through.I eventually gave up and refitted the original fender...You live and learn!.

Yeah, thats what I found out, one time I did that on another bike , and the main reason I didnt do it on the vfr. But it is a popular thing to do, but most dont spend much time on muddy backroads in the rain, or they'd know better.

• 11 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Ever ride behind a fender-eliminated mc in the rain. It sucks bog water along with the rain and road grit sprayed on anyone behind. :mad:

Good. Keeps them off my ass then.

No need for that on my fifth gens. The exhaust noise above 5,000 rpm keeps just about everyone behind me out of sight. :wheel:

Archived