Babies Given Me Bad Vibrations

Suitcase

Around 2500 kms ago I replaced the worn out Bstone Batlxs with Mich PR2s front and rear.

Today while riding up 95 from.home to Golden I noticed a pulsing vibration at +/- 6k rpm in 6th gear.

Felt it in the grips and saw it shake the mirrors.

Pulse of the vibe lasted about one second while I maintained throttle. At lower rpm/speed it was just beinning to be noticeable at 5700+/-rpm

Never encountered this before with old skins or with new..that is up until tdays ride.

I think.I found the source..but just tossing this one out to make you think....it sure made me wonder while buzzing along.

Whatcha all thinking is cause.??

• Member Contributer

The front tire I just had mounted and balanced had a (unknown to me) a loose weight. When I washed the rim just before leaving for Hog Tie my rag moved the weight. I do not know where it was originally so I put it in the middle between the spokes but had some high speed vibration throughout the trip. I called the dealer to suggest they get a better "clamper" tool to use to postition the weights.

Surenuff...when I got to Golden and started looking the bike over in the McDs parking lot. ..I saw that 1 of 2 weighs on the front rim was gone. Crimped on weights were not my choice..but both new tires were balanced with them.

Well...happy that it was an easy diagnosis...and respectfull of the wisdom of the folks on the forums at VFRD.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Lift the front end and check for loose/worn bearings in both the wheel/axle and steering head. Regardless of how she use to run, there's obviously something not right now, so make sure it's not either of these two, then re-balance the wheel.

Archived