Anyone Use Partzilla.com For Replacement Fairing Bolts?

skymon

• Member Contributer

Hoping for stainless steel. Would settle for decent quality plating. I naively assumed the originals were stainless but after a cordless drill spin on some red scotchbrite they appear to be (have been) plated. (oops)

I'm thinking about the:

90103-MBG-000 (small dia. head fairing bolts)

90112-MT4-000 (lg dia head fairing bolts)

90116-MBG-000 ("frankenbolts")

for my 5th gen

Ordered a load of parts from them for delivery to the UK. I saved around £400 ($620) on the prices in the UK!!

It took a month to get the parts, as they were short 10 screws and 1 clip that made up the order.

In total I was hit with £80 ($130) in import duties, but I still saved a small fortune!

The main part of the order was the LCD circuit board, the price of which in the UK, was the ENTIRE cost of the order from Partzilla.

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the recommendations. I can see they are definitely less expensive than other online sources and waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy less expensive than the dealer.

What I can't be sure of is that they'll be of OEM quality. e.g. same head diameter, same head height. Are they really the same as originals, or do they substitute fasteners that fit but are more commonly available.

Anyone know if one can get the original fasteners but from solid stainless as opposed to plated?

• Member Contributer

I recently bought a SS bolt kit off of a vendor on eBay (ghmotors I believe), for ~$45. It included the bolts (Painted SS), the shoulder washers and the plastic reusable clips. I have yet to put them on but they seemed to be of good quality. Other than that, there are a few places on the web that you can find high quality replacement bolts, but they can be pricey.

As far as Partzilla, I buy most of my parts from them, apart from the immediate need ones, which I get from the local Honda shop in HB. So far I have been happy with their prices, delivery and customer service.

I got exactly what you are asking about...fairing fasteners...ss allen drive machine thread screws and the rubber gromnent nutserts..and the shouldered allen drive lower fasteners (??not ss) and all arrived in HONDA MOTORS strip blister packs

• Member Contributer

I got exactly what you are asking about...fairing fasteners...ss allen drive machine thread screws and the rubber gromnent nutserts..and the shouldered allen drive lower fasteners (??not ss) and all arrived in HONDA MOTORS strip blister packs

Excellent. Thats what I wanted to hear. Thanks.

Archived