New leathers for me!

Veefer800Canuck

• Member Contributer

Another thing about the separates, the pants and jackets seem to have pockets, but the two piece suits do not! I also believe that most of the "separate" jackets do not have the "aero" hump like the suits do. It's always something right? Do the separates have the 360 zipper to attach to one another?

yeah on a 2 week trip, white will soon get some "patina"...... :tour:

I wasn't worried about that, it's just that the pants are so uncompromising in design, they really are track pants. They have a built-in shin protection system which makes the lower half of the pants from the knee sliders down almost rigid.

I wore them around the house for a bit, sat on a stool in a riding crouch with my boots on, etc, and I just wasn't loving it.

They're beautiful pants, and would be well suited to serious canyon scratching or track days.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I finally got the riding gear all rounded up, unfortunately the riding season is long since over, and there's at least 6 inches of snow out there, if not more.

Oh well, patience is the word. Funny thing, I originally got the Delta pants as shown in my first post, and they fit fine, but were a bit too "aggressive" of a fitment for me. Too track-oriented. "Well duh, they're track pants" sez everyone. Yeah, I didn't think that would be an issue, but after wearing them around the house a bit, I figured having them on for a two-week road trip might be a bit much.

Anyhow, I ordered a pair of more street oriented Dainese Alien pants off Fleabay, for a similarly smoking deal, and re-sold the Delta pants to CornerCarver for his son. Hope he enjoys them Keith!

In the meantime, the Avro jacket had arrived, and today, the pants also landed. Couldn't wait to try everything on. I better not gain any weight. They fit great right now, but +10 pounds might be a problem. Anyhow, the plan is to LOSE another 10, to go along with the 30 I already ditched earlier this year, so it should still be great.

new leathers

• 2 months later...

Now you need the matching Shoei RF1100.

You're in my movie. Diabolic Divinity For The Win!

2011-Shoei-RF-1100-Diabolic-Divinity-Hel

Yeehaw! TARGET ACQUIRED!!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300848573570?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

And the best part?????

$319, NIB

shipping from Ontario? 27 bucks

Gawd I love EBay,,,,,the retail sticker on the visor says $686.79, they are listed on the Shoei USA site for $551. Either way you slice it, I'm lovin it!

• Member Contributer

Rob,

Looks good !!!! make sure you remove the tags.......

if come down my way anytime soon shoot me a text and we can go for lunch.

way to much snow in the last 2 days.

• Member Contributer

Looks good I have a friend that is moving out your way soon how cold is the cold there

• Member Contributer
Looks good I have a friend that is moving out your way soon how cold is the cold there

They are in for a treat. I lived in Edmonton for seven years back in the 90's. We had one stretch where for 3 weeks it was -30C (-22F) or colder. Everyone has to plug in their cars block heater if you want them to start. The week of summer was terrific though.

• Member Contributer

They are in for a treat. I lived in Edmonton for seven years back in the 90's. We had one stretch where for 3 weeks it was -30C (-22F) or colder. Everyone has to plug in their cars block heater if you want them to start. The week of summer was terrific though.

What he said but worse. Its not like the winters in BC, its the kind of cold that goes thru your jacket, sucks the heat from your heart and flows out the back. lots of snow and 9 days of sun. in the summer you carry your rain gear to go over your new leathers.

• Member Contributer

What he said but worse. Its not like the winters in BC, its the kind of cold that goes thru your jacket, sucks the heat from your heart and flows out the back. lots of snow and 9 days of sun. in the summer you carry your rain gear to go over your new leathers.

What?!?! Do not let these guys fool you into thinking it gets cold out in Alberta! It may get cold in that beautiful/scenic province, but it is a DRY cold! :blink: This makes it much, much more bearable than a wet/damp cold. Last week, here in our sorry province of BC, it went ALL the way down to -1 celsius! -1 celsius?!?!? :pissed: Do you realize how cold that is?!!?!? My god, if it was not for my in-laws being here not far from the beach and willing to babysit while I go skiing 20 min away from downtown, I would have moved back to Edmonton!!! :idea3: But the real reason is that their hockey team is.. let's just say, average? :tongue: I'll leave it at that... In any case, I guess you can be still be happy in Alberta, if you try hard... :blush:

C

• Member Contributer

You Canuuks crack me up :laughing6-hehe:

I thought it was gonna get cold here next week when its only going to be in the 50's.

DRY cold??? that's like me telling you a 110 degrees is a dry heat. :wink:

• Member Contributer

Nice! Love that Dianese gear, but it's out of my price range. Got lucky this year - Mrs got me the JR Speedmaster 5.0 2 piece that fits perfectly. Haven't been able to get out with them in this frozen tundra bull$5!7 weather we've been having.

Best deal was motorcyclegear.com, BTW.

Rob,

Looks good !!!! make sure you remove the tags.......

if come down my way anytime soon shoot me a text and we can go for lunch.

way to much snow in the last 2 days.

No way Jose', I'm totally going for the Minnie Pearl look!

As for lunch, maybe on my way back from Red Deer, I'm getting my shoulder fixed today, leftover from my wreck. Yay.

:-(

Nice! Love that Dianese gear, but it's out of my price range. Got lucky this year - Mrs got me the JR Speedmaster 5.0 2 piece that fits perfectly. Haven't been able to get out with them in this frozen tundra bull$5!7 weather we've been having.Best deal was motorcyclegear.com, BTW.
No doubt it's spendy, but I never pay retail. I an an eBay junkie.

• Member Contributer
Er, did anyone see my topic anywhere? I could have sworn I left it somewhere........

Ya sorry about that weather divergence. Your leathers look great and congrats on losing the30 llbs. That's what I need to do before I get into leathers like yours. As it stands now I would just look like a medicine ball on top of a bike. I do like the Aerostich Transit gear.

• Member Contributer
fat_biker_1.jpg

Umm, oh wow, umm, kinda speechless. A bit of the herd had to be culled to come up with that much leather. My situation is not so dire.

• Member Contributer

Sorry Veefer about the topic and thanks for being such a good sports about it. Congrats on being almost there and on the pants. Mine are notctoo vlose to the track type, more street i guess and I ilke them. Mot sure I would be able to wear the other type during heat waves all day long.

Dud the bike feel more nimnle or responsive after your weight loss? Just think about how much it would have cost you to remove that much weight on the vfr to get the same effect!

• Member Contributer
fat_biker_1.jpg

Umm, oh wow, umm, kinda speechless. A bit of the herd had to be culled to come up with that much leather. My situation is not so dire.

What's the GVWR on that Ninja? :ohmy:

Archived