Arkansas in September - Reserve Your Spot NOW! Sep 21 through 23

Yokel

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Got my new battery in last night and fired up the bike. Voltages checked out ok but the regulator heated up to 150 F as measured with an IR thermometer and output rose to 14.75 v from a previous high of 14.6 v as the bike ran while parked and heated up to the point of the fan kicking on. Is this within specs? I'm fixin' to head on out at 11 AM to take the back roads to Harrison and I' hoping I don't need a voltage regulator!

• Member Contributer

You're voltage should be a measurement of rpm...not engine temp (though as it warms up it will rev higher than normal). Refer to this thread to verify everything is working:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/15-electrical-test-rr-stator-and-battery/page__hl__%2Brear+%2Brectifier

Good luck!

• Member Contributer

Sorry, I wasn't clear... I'm rushing to finish work and get out the door. At idle it was about 13.8 v, at about 3k rpm it would rise to the voltages I stated earlier and would stay steady up to 5k rpm. I didn't go higher on the rpms than 5k. I just noticed how hot the regulator got so I checked the regulator temp and it seemed the voltage was creeping higher (14.75 v).

Thanks for the link. Looks like voltages are good... phew!! That's a relief... Now I can relax and enjoy the weekends rides!!! Woo-Hoo!!!!

• Member Contributer

Day ONE in the books. The FLAF has changed hands. Everyone is tucked safely in bed resting up for tomorrow's roller-coaster rides.

Great folks, amazing weather, good roads... it all adds up to a win!

Randall and Debbie at the Hub are their usual accommodating selves.

Rides kick off tomorrow at 9. Eat a hearty breakfast and BE SAFE!

• Member Contributer

On a side note:

A sixer of Boulevard, Red Stripe, Stella Artois, a 12 of Bud Light and Heineken with 10lbs of ice only take TWO of the TRAX bags.

Just in case, you know, anyone was wondering.

• Member Contributer

Checking in; home safe, bike's unload, showered, laundry stacked and ready to throw in. Thanks to all, great company, lots of new friends and great roads. It can't get much better than that. Here's hoping for good weather on the road home for everyone and look forward to the next VFRD event!!!

Huge tip of the helmet to Yokel, excellent job on accommodations, dinning and weather!!!

Thanks all!!!

• Member Contributer

Dead tired but home safe. Awesome trip! Thanks Yokel and to all who helped make it happen. Hopefully an annual event! Great riding with HS, gswanson, rush2112, Adam79 et al. Welcome to the fold Leslie! It's an addiction ...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

• Member Contributer

Made it home safe and sound... no blown turns or conversations with law enfircement! 885 miles in 51 hours, great roads, GREAT people, good times with new friends and old ones, cold beer & warm fire...

PRICELESS!!!

SR19 on the way back through MO cut about 60 miles off the total miles on the return trip and added about 100 miles of twisties, sweepers, and a couple of National Forests... I highly recommend it!

Thank you to Miguel, Steve, Rod, Adam, Leslie, and Richard for an awesome ride group!!! Slammer set the sweet lead and pace... thanks Man!

Nicely done Yokel!!!! Great Event... 1st Annual Fall Ozark's Ride went off flawlessly, looking forward to next year!

PS: Yokel, how much $$$ for the video?

• Member Contributer

Leslie and I just got home safe and tired. We had a great time riding with you guys and gals, hope this turns out to be an annual thing. We both really liked the stay at The Hub.....great job Yokel!!

I heard the video isn't for sale :smile:

• Member Contributer

Push Mountain video of the front of a VFR 5th Gen, the rear of a BMW S1000RR, a VFR 6th Gen, & VFR 7th Gen slicing and dicing the twisties? Looking forward to seeing the videos! Even the embarassing one... Video feedback can be a valuable learning tool!!!

• Member Contributer

Me and VcFR are home safe. Just got everything unloaded and are starting to get it all put up. All I can say is that we had a blast and learned quite a bit about riding the "twisties". Most of the roads around here are straight and flat so this was a great experience. Thanks to Yokel for all that he did to put this together and we are hoping it is an annual thing. We are definately going to try and work in other group rides as they come up. We tried to meet all the members that showed up and get as many pictures as we could but I think we missed some. Next time we will do better with that. Anyway, nice meeting everyone and looking forward to more.

• Member Contributer

Adam... There are some great still images looking straight up your nose on my camera.

What gives?! I'm posting ALL of them.

Any bats in the cave??

• Member Contributer

Push Mountain video of the front of a VFR 5th Gen, the rear of a BMW S1000RR, a VFR 6th Gen, & VFR 7th Gen slicing and dicing the twisties? Looking forward to seeing the videos! Even the embarassing one... Video feedback can be a valuable learning tool!!!

I think there might be smoke.......... :owned::ph34r:

• Member Contributer

This whole AR ride was a pain in my a$$!! :pissed:

But only because I was riding a buzzy dirt bike! :laugh: Texass guys made it home. Started the day in the 40's and ended it in the 90's with only a couple hours worth of rain.

Big thanks to Yokel for all his efforts. :fing02:

Archived