Arkansas in September - Reserve Your Spot NOW! Sep 21 through 23

Yokel

• Member Contributer

No axe murders please....LOL.

That's just wrong, Adam.

Lee,

You can never be to careful :unsure:.........LOL.

I wonder if the "axe murders", that had plans to stay at my place would take my request into consideration and decide to stay elsewhere???..............probably not.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

They are really ugly, but fit my needs pretty well.

Ugly is in the eye of the beholder. I think they look pretty sharp, myself. But I've always been a function over form type of person.

Now they're starting to grow on me. I think the Aluminum (silver) of the boxes and red of the bike might actually look good. Guess we'll see.

The chunky-butt look is kind of growing on me. I was going to get the V35PLX Givi bags, but the mounting system was on backorder. :sad: TRAX it is. :tour:

• Member Contributer

www.weather.com for Harrison, AR:

Calling for showers Thursday the 20th.

Sunny Friday the 21st, high of 82, low of 61.

Start knocking on wood!

9 Days.

• Member Contributer

Went with TRAX boxes...

brands_honda_vfr1200.jpg

I have the Givi V35's (and love them) but I still like the way that Trax setup looks. Probably a lot easier to pack as well which is a lot more important to me. If I hadn't gotten such a great deal on my set up way back when (graduation and Christmas gifts combined with some nice sale prices) I probably would have gone with your set up if they were available for the 6th gen way back when. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

I have been looking at the 2012 V-strom 650 Adventure and they use those exact bags. I was thinking they would only be at home on that type of bike, but you are thinking outside of the "box" for sure...

• Member Contributer

I got a new PR2 rear tire and an oil change...

Got a new camping chair...

rollachair

A mini lantern...

minilantern

And outfitted a new travel toolkit for the VFR.

• Member Contributer

From the screenprinter today:

The shirts look fantastic and are headed your way - well, toward Arkansas. Thanks again!

- Randy Hartsock

Barefoot Designs

Textile Printing and Happy Toes

• Member Contributer

I got a new PR2 rear tire and an oil change...

Got a new camping chair...

A mini lantern...

And outfitted a new travel toolkit for the VFR.

Good call... Tool Kit is on my to-do list prior to leaving as well.

I like the idea of the bluetooth communication device, but I'm holding off until I pull the trigger on a new helmet. :goofy:

• Member Contributer

LAST CALL!!!

If you've been lurking and watching this thread... hoping to make it but not sure or are too shy, SHOUT OUT!

There is still a place for you! Even it is a long-shot. This weekend I'll be calling various places to confirm numbers, so if you're thinking of being a last-minute hero, let me know!

T-shirts are en-route to the HUB, they should be there a good while before our arrival.

Debbie has arranged for a white-board to be placed up near the office for the purposes of organization for us throughout the weekend.

Once again, shirts (if you want one) will be cheap! Fifteen bucks, and yes, I've got some spares. Any proceeds will be donated to VFRD to help support this great resource that Miguel's gotten together for us.

I am still needing some idea of ride leaders (or who's grouping with who) so that I can get an estimate of numbers per group. Do NOT be afraid to go out on your own if you'd prefer that. At the Hub I will be gathering contact information for everyone. Name tags will be there as well to fill out and there will be another tag for personal information / emergency contact stuff that I will ask everyone to put on their person when riding. When out with the Triumph guys last spring, we had 4 people who needed that information handy. I'm just trying to be prudent guys.

If you're riding in a group, PLEASE keep in contact with your leader so we are able to keep tabs on everyone. Let them know if you're going to break-off and do your own thing for a bit so that nobody is calling the highway patrol to go look for you. Communication is key!!

We are going to have a great time! I can't wait to meet everyone and have some laughs!!

• Member Contributer

For you Okies:

Here's the Route I'm taking from Pops 66 to the Hub.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Unknown+road&daddr=36.01705,-95.95629+to:36.08993,-95.72182+to:AR-7+Spur+S%2FCo+Rd+206&hl=en&sll=35.970227,-95.920258&sspn=0.475136,1.056747&geocode=FcEbIAIdKsgy-g%3BFZqTJQIdvtJH-ilPnkWIaJG2hzEl_vLf9Cy_ow%3BFUqwJgIdpGZL-im1Nt5nLmC2hzEFTutOlyXRVg%3BFWQJJwIdFg5z-g&t=h&mra=dpe&mrsp=2&sz=11&via=1,2&z=11

You can see, it's turnpikes (toll) and skirts SOUTH of Tulsa. We'll likely stop for gas in Jenks, Siloam Springs for lunch, then push on through to the Hub.

It will be kickstands up at 8:30am from Pops. Jenks will be around 9:45, Siloam springs around 11:00 and Harrison by 2:00. This allows an hour in Siloam Springs.

God willing, we'll miss the worst of the Tulsa rush with this route and timing.

PLEASE PM me if you're planning on joining for the outward bound leg.

Given, there's a lot of slab here... 412 gets pretty really fast after the OK/AR border, but the goal is to get to the Hub in time to take an afternoon ride if you should desire to. Total route is 279miles, should take 5 hours travel time.

• Member Contributer

Weather.com update:

21st- High 81, Low, 57. 30% chance isolated t-storms :unsure:

22nd- High 82, Low 56. 0% precip. :tour::cheerleader:

23rd- High 87, Low 57. 60% chance scattered thunderstorms............. :mad::pissed:

Archived