Arkansas in September - Reserve Your Spot NOW! Sep 21 through 23

Yokel

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I've been watching this thread because I'm up here around Kansas City. I would love to go but we're going to be out in Yellowstone Nat'l Park and places west at that time. I love that area down there and have been there quite a few times.

Yawl have fun, and maybe next year.

• Member Contributer

Jon,

If you need to make a small "entry" fee to cover the cost of the tags, shipping the shirts, or anything else you have going on to make this ride happen let us know. I will be happy to do my part.

Fred

Thanks for the offer, Fred.

The master plan for the shirts is to get them done cheap, charge you guys an exhorbitant amount, then funnel all the proceeds to VFRD. :goofy:

Now that sounds like the plan of the century. I'm in................ :laugh:

• Member Contributer

Alrighty, next week I'm headed to the T-shirt shop to get a design settled on, will post up a pic when it's finalized. Once again, if you'll PM me guesstimates on the shirt sizes you'll need for yourself, hangers-on and friends I'll get the order in (Prefer this information by 8-30-12). Likely I'll have a few spares sent in one-size-fits-most-'merican sizes. (Read: XL) Name tags will be generic.

If you want to be kind enough to pre-order a shirt to help off-set the initial cost (once I get a price from the shop at least) I'll be doing that via Pay-Pal in a couple weeks. I'll be upcharging a couple of bucks to cover shipping the shirts to the Hub. Fact of the matter is that these shirts will be sought-after collectibles in a very short period of time, and buying one gets you in to a very elite association. Everyone you know will feel bad that they don't have one and had to miss out on the amazing stories and times that are to be associated with this incredible garment. These shirts will have the imbued magical power to make you better than all of those around you who do NOT have a shirt... and all for hopefully less than twenty bucks.

If you're not interested in a shirt, then the cost of the weekend's festivities will be room, board and shame.. There is no associated fee with this ride, and I'll give you a cheap, generic name-tag for free. How's that for a hell of a deal?

• Member Contributer

I've been watching this thread because I'm up here around Kansas City. I would love to go but we're going to be out in Yellowstone Nat'l Park and places west at that time. I love that area down there and have been there quite a few times.

Yawl have fun, and maybe next year.

Have a great time in Yellowstone, it's beautiful there. Sorry you won't be joining. Next time it is!

• Member Contributer

At the t shirt shop. News to follow!

****news as it happens...****

Neil at Avalanche is working up a quote for me today for several different options. The minimum purchase will be for 24 garments which will likely add up to a $350.00+ buy-in... I'm estimating at 15.00/shirt right now (If that's the case, the upcharge will be $5.00 with any proceeds going as a donation to VFRD). Hopefully this evening or the first of next week I'll have a chance to pop by the tattoo shop my friend works at to get a design drawn up. Currently, I'm toying with several themes...

Theme A:

PORKAPALOOZA - A drunken boar with a fingerjug. This is kind of a play on the Razorbacks thing. "Chasing the pig's tail" as it were...

Theme B:

Lost in the Hollers - Several cartoonish lost prospectors... I swear it's kinda cool in my mind's eye.

Theme C:

Buzzing the Ozarks - A WWII nose-art throwback... a pinup girl draped over a VFR doing what they do best... winking.

Theme D:

This is my bust the Harley guy's balls theme... A variant of PORKAPALOOZA, but more like VFR's fry HOG's... a pig dressed as a pirate trussed up over a fire. There's a part of me deep down that truly loves this idea.

Any other ideas? Throw 'em out now while it's still in the air!

• Member Contributer

Oh, I have to get the order in NO LATER THAN SEPTEMBER 6 to give Neil time to get the screens cut and everything... That should give enough time to ship the booty as well.

Therefore, if you're wanting a shirt, I need all the information by TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 4th. There will likely be some spares, so if you want to get one at the HUB they'll probably be available in XL.

• Member Contributer

Me and VcFR both need XL. I can see the image of option B also. A scruffy, unshaven, snaggle toothed prospector in ragged old clothes on a VFR with a pick axe over his shoulder and prospecting tools hanging out of the hard cases :laugh:. We are going to Arkansas right? :goofy:

BTW: I can poke fun at Arkansas folks as I have a few relatives that live in the Mena and Cove area................no harm meant.......looking forward to seeing the drawings.

• Member Contributer

You should sweet talk Dutchy to see if he will make a ride icon for this event as well. Just a thought...

Who is this Dutchy of which you speak? We have several and I PM'ed the wrong one yesterday... :huh:

• Member Contributer

You should sweet talk Dutchy to see if he will make a ride icon for this event as well. Just a thought...

Who is this Dutchy of which you speak? We have several and I PM'ed the wrong one yesterday... :huh:

"Dutchy" is an intrepid traveler that lives in the Netherlands and recently made the trip across the big pond to join his VFR buddies at TMAC. Known for his humor and awesome collection of beautiful women (well, at least photos of them).

"Dutchinterceptor" is a hooligan Texan that can be seen at many of these VFR get togethers in Arkansas. He is quick in the curves and will lull you into a sense of false security in the straights.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

• Member Contributer

"Dutchy" is an intrepid traveler that lives in the Netherlands and recently made the trip across the big pond to join his VFR buddies at TMAC. Known for his humor and awesome collection of beautiful women (well, at least photos of them).

"Dutchinterceptor" is a hooligan Texan that can be seen at many of these VFR get togethers in Arkansas. He is quick in the curves and will lull you into a sense of false security in the straights.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

This sounds like a "Wikipedia" entry.

• Member Contributer

The bad news: Due to a conflicting family visit this ride is officially out for me.

The good news: I can ride my VFR up to Red River during that weekend.

Take lots of pics and have a great time. I will try to catch the next one. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

I'm clearing my schedule and hoping to make it. I made the Bikes, Blues and BBQ in Fayetteville last year and had a blast riding the area. Looking forward to making another trip down and meeting everybody....

• Member Contributer

I'm clearing my schedule and hoping to make it. I made the Bikes, Blues and BBQ in Fayetteville last year and had a blast riding the area. Looking forward to making another trip down and meeting everybody....

And I would like to meet you and everything, but I would really like to see your Multistrada up close!

• Member Contributer

Got you on the "maybe" list.

Hope you can make it Yeller.

• Member Contributer

So... We're up to ~20 folks.

You newer guys, have there been any troubles getting a room booked? Curious if I should call Debbie to get some more rooms reserved for the last-minute folks.

I'll be taking my tent just in case someone who's a last minute hero needs accomodations.

• Member Contributer

Reservation w/ the Hub Motel has been made so count me in!!! I'm also planning on pulling in to the Hub about 1:00 PM on Friday evening, it is about a 6 hour ride (w/ lunch break) from STL.

Will a ride be planned for Friday evening??? I'll assume we're dining in somewhere local...

Archived