Camera Mount (6th gen)

Knute

• Member Contributer

Was dick'n around with an idea for a new mount location the other day and came up with this. Used the stock fender bolts, added a few spacers on the top. A few pic's of the mount and a short ride clip below... actually I kinda think it turned out ok.

front-mount1

front-mount3

front-mount5

[media=]

[/media]

That's a really nice setup. I don't have a gopro but i'm sure this setup would work with many different cameras.

• Member Contributer

I'm surprised that the video wasn't jumpy since the only thing smoothing out the bumps was the camera mount and the tire. Well done.

• Member Contributer

I'm surprised that the video wasn't jumpy since the only thing smoothing out the bumps was the camera mount and the tire. Well done.

That was my concern also, but seeing how I only have an hour or so and zero cost into it and figured that if it didn't work, oh well. The vid clip is on a fairly smooth road, but still not without bumps. It did do pretty well, better that I would have thought. Now, if I can just figure out why the sound was so crappy.

• 2 weeks later...

Very creative one.

Just curious as the cam was set up side down then how you have the normal video output?

The camera can handle itself or you need to have a video edit software to rotate the video?

• Member Contributer

Very creative one.

Just curious as the cam was set up side down then how you have the normal video output?

The camera can handle itself or you need to have a video edit software to rotate the video?

The GoPro camera has this functionality built in so no additional editing is required.

Rollin

• Member Contributer

That is one very nice placement. The thing I like about it is that the wheel points the camera on the road through the whole turn instead of pointing off into the woods on certain sharp turns.

• 6 months later...
  • Member Contributer

I do like the POV from this mount, so I thought I'd just toss up another clip from this position. I kinda like watching in HD full screen.

• Member Contributer

Can you give specifics about what you used? Probably you custom fabbed it?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

• Member Contributer

Can you give specifics about what you used? Probably you custom fabbed it?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, it was thrown together from odds & ends I had laying around the garage. If you look at the pictures at the beginning of this thread you can see how its put together, shouldn't be to difficult to mimic.

Although, with this mount location the camera lens does tend to get dirty quicker that other locations, but I just really like this POV.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to pull the trigger for the GoPro's Wi-Fi BacPac and Remote kit so I can have more control of the camera, particularly starting and stopping recording while on the fly.

Archived