Couple of looks at my newly powdered wheels

KevCarver

• Member Contributer

I was originally going for a magnesium look, however this is much darker. Was thinking about geting another SP2 front and taking my original 5 spoke along with my spare RC51 magnesium clutch cover and trying to match it better. Maybe in the future...

Just saw this thread...looks nice. Who did it for you...the shop on Lee Road or do you have another guy? I have some things to get coated this winter and was seeing who was out there. Did they sand/bead blast it for you too?

I was originally going for a magnesium look, however this is much darker. Was thinking about geting another SP2 front and taking my original 5 spoke along with my spare RC51 magnesium clutch cover and trying to match it better. Maybe in the future...

• Member Contributer

Just saw this thread...looks nice. Who did it for you...the shop on Lee Road or do you have another guy? I have some things to get coated this winter and was seeing who was out there. Did they sand/bead blast it for you too?

No, not those guys. I should go check them out some time. I really don't know much about the process, or how to evaluate who does or doesn't do quality work so I went with a shop recommended by WERA803 in Athens. Since then CornerCarver and MiniCarver have also used the same place and we all report very high quality work. The wheels weren't blasted, but they bake the previous coating off. Carver had something blasted, some Two Bro's headers I believe, in preperation for ceramic coating.

It's a long drive, and his turn around time isn't great, but he is a super nice guy who does great work and takes plenty of time to explain everything in detail. Plus his prices are really good!

No, not those guys. I should go check them out some time. I really don't know much about the process, or how to evaluate who does or doesn't do quality work so I went with a shop recommended by WERA803 in Athens. Since then CornerCarver and MiniCarver have also used the same place and we all report very high quality work. The wheels weren't blasted, but they bake the previous coating off. Carver had something blasted, some Two Bro's headers I believe, in preperation for ceramic coating.

It's a long drive, and his turn around time isn't great, but he is a super nice guy who does great work and takes plenty of time to explain everything in detail. Plus his prices are really good!

His hours suck too!!! But I live 10 minutes from him so can help with dropping off or picking up during his open hours if needed. :smile:

• 2 years later...

Archived