The Basket Case (CAUTION PIC HEAVY)

Guest New2This

I'm really wanting to know if those are good quality fairings. And it is a yoshi exhaust which is why I have no (bad word) idea why it's painted. I'm still thinking a street fighter style but with a gloss blue painted frame. Undecided on a tail section yet

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's totally up to you what to do with the bike. I think most folks on here, me included, have been in your shoes with regards to a bike like this. It's a heck of an experience too. It's a good, bad, and at times, indifferent experience because much of the time you are left wondering

"Y would someone do this?" I'd say that's why some folks are saying if you have the coin, go get that 93 up the road from you a bit. I think they are just saying that it will save you much headache and nickel and dime costs.

I do applaud your enthusiasm. If you can get her to a good base and bring her back to life, heck, go for it!

Ok so further into the tear down process....

I need a new key and ignition switch... What will work? Oem? Going to stick with the fighter look so far everything looks decent needs a good cleaning but besides that she is really not that bad. Also is there a different radiator we can use a smaller/taller one that would fit between the frame better? I was looking at some of the earls(?) radiator could those work with fabbed up brackets?

Your on the right track getting it clean and running before modifications. It will prove worth while in the long run.

My other advice is to NEVER hesitate to ask a question or look here for used parts. Many of us are enthusiasts who are willing to share advice based on our experiences. As far as parts go some of us have small or large hordes of parts the we will part with so ask first before going to the outside.

You have a long way to go but we are watching... go go go!!!!

• 1 month later...

Ok so I have most of the electrical worked out FYI a new wiring harness is the way to go. Just need new gauges and bodywork and I'll be set

No I don't have any new pics and until I finish completely cleaning her up I won't post any haha hopefully tomorrow I will get a chance to scrub down everything and change the oil. Then once I get a new battery I should be ready to fire her back up and if I wasn't in the middle of fitting the 04 cbr 600 subframe I could actually drive it around. But one thing at a time I'm resurrecting the basket case! And if anyone has a 4th gen slip on they need to part with I will gladly take it as I'm waiting on the 4th gen header to arrive hopefully by next Friday! Soo many parts but I have learned eBay is my best friend on this project

Some parts on the way :)

post-24060-13337485721179_thumb.jpg

Some handlebars on the way also some risers that I saw fotomoto do.post-24060-13337485853142_thumb.jpg

Delkevic ss70 9" silencerpost-24060-13337485970456_thumb.jpg

03-04 cbr 600rr fairing to go along with my subframe and undertail for the same model.post-24060-13337486076572_thumb.jpg

4th gen header (20$) no more kidney beanpost-24060-13337486173274_thumb.jpg

Bar end mirrorspost-24060-13337486266805_thumb.jpg

7" headlight

At the end of today I depaired the carbs, changed the oil, removed the wiring harness I have the new one I just need to set out the wiring diagram and figure out what I need to keep. Oh and rinsed it off and finalized all my plans for the ol viffer!

post-24060-13338452560979_thumb.jpg

post-24060-13338452732773_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Well I am finally parting this bike out so for all those interest it is in the classifieds including that rear wheel you all know and love thanks

Archived