Nighttime footage from GoPro?

SEBSPEED

• Member Contributer

Not on the VFR, but on the snowmobile, its head lights are almost as good as the VFR.

Its not that great, camera really needs daylight to work well. I don't think I have the video kicking around as it was last year and I deleted all the raw footage once I'm done editing.

• Member Contributer

I've done a bit of night video on my 5th gen. If it's completely dark pretty much all you'll get is the headlight beams. Any lights coming toward you destroy the little bit you can see. Twilight can be interesting as long as you don't have traffic coming at you.

I dont know about the HD version, but my regular def jobbie really starts to suffer without good strong light. Just an overcast day really craps up the quality. I tried it at night one and it looked like amature UFO footage from someone wearing overalls and no shirt.

SEB, sorry for my English but I dont really understand what the "footage" means.

I have used GoPro at night for sometimes. What 's your concerns so I could get some photos, videos of me for you.

"Footage", is relating to the old times when actual film was used to take movies............. Just another way of asking if someone has taken any night videos...

Thanks Monk.

I have some clips of mine, recorded from my nightime trips.

I am at work now, hope today party would not make me drunk, so I can cut the video and post it on for you guys have a look.

Btw, the road looks not bright, but the dashboard.

Thanks Monk.

I have some clips of mine, recorded from my nightime trips.

I am at work now, hope today party would not make me drunk, so I can cut the video and post it on for you guys have a look.

Btw, the road looks not bright, but the dashboard.

Please don't let me keep you from having a good time! I can wait another day! lol Look forward to seeing your video!

You could use a high power infrared auxiliary light to illumintate the road. it doesn't blind other traffic but most cameras are sensitive to infrared light. It will not show any colours other than shades of grey.

• 2 months later...

Was doing a test on a set-up Seb suggested on my roam. This is with an earplug from the shooting range over the mic. As you can hear-no good. Play it in 1080p, it look better that way. But it did remind me of the question of footage at night. Here's what a Contour Roam looks like on th highway at night:

from the end of the on-ramp to the time it turns off is 55 going up to 100, and as you can hear, the sound sux. back to the drawing board.

Archived