Scotland 2011

dsc05300f.jpg

I have covered some serious miles this summer!! I have been to many places on my VFR and she hasn't missed a beat.

Since many of you guys here love to see pics of the UK I thought I'd post my ride up to Scotland this summer. Me and Sarah covered just short of 2000 miles in 7 days, primarily touring around the western highlands and The Isle of Mull.

Scotland offers, by far, some of the best biking roads I have ever been on and with surprisingly little traffic, it made for some great riding :cool:

I won't rant on too much, nor show too many mug shots, it's always difficult trying to pick photo's for this sort of thing, but I have included most of the ones with my 5th gen indulging in the lush scenery.

I'll start with a video of the Isle of Mull, I didn't expect such stunning scenery as we toured right round the Island. Most of the roads were single track and full of gravel and pot holes so we just admired the view at a sedate pace.

This is Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwv44Ap21ro

We stayed about half hour south west of Oban right on the Atlantic coast, the road down to the village is both technical and demanding, but by the end of the week I almost knew it with my eyes shut... almost...

dsc05128d.jpg

dsc05125le.jpg

My parking spot for the week...

dsc05112x.jpg

Overview of the Village of Ellenabeich where we stayed

dsc05134yj.jpg

dsc05172e.jpg

Food pic!! (Yes you can tell I made that)

dsc05162t.jpg

Heading out to the ferry, the Viffer had her own ticket...

dsc05259u.jpg

dsc05261j.jpg

dsc05260g.jpg

dsc05355p.jpg

dsc05332y.jpg

dsc05330qg.jpg

Motorcycling gives you grins like this...

dsc05318q.jpg

dsc05295f.jpg

dsc05294b.jpg

On this stretch of road we met a German couple who were touring the whole of the UK from Lands End up through Wales, Yorkshire, Lake District and into Scotland. Basically doing what we have done the past 3 years in a month! I loved swapping stories and chatting, much more hospitable than some of us Brits let me tell you!!

dsc05293oo.jpg

dsc05320zy.jpg

dsc05282nz.jpg

The Charming Town of Oban made for a great hub for beginning our daily adventures...

dsc04829ez.jpg

Last food pic!! (this one clearly not prepared by my good self)

dsc05404u.jpg

Ok now time to head home, set the sat nav for the heart of the sun (sorry Pink Floyd pun there) - 460 mile ride home...

dsc05411z.jpg

dsc05410c.jpg

dsc05412e.jpg

Part 2 - Isle of Mull

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5a-dHlMCkw

Thanks Scotland for having us!!

dsc05315j.jpg

dsc05346m.jpg

• Member Contributer

I have been there twice, I agree the people are a a hoot. I am surprised you could find a pub and beer so easy. LOL

• Member Contributer

Food pic!! (Yes you can tell I made that)

dsc05162t.jpg

Very well done "All Day Breakfast"

I can feel my arteries hardening just looking at that pic .............. yum! :happy:

• Member Contributer

Great post :beer:

If the weather plays along, Scotland is one of the most beautifull places I've been to.

and if you donot like the weather, thngs can change rapidly on the west coast.

Just look for the bright spot that will always be there.........

HPIM4692.jpg

:cool:

Archived