Motorcyclegear.com (I think I'm in love)

Ripper

• Member Contributer

I'm sure that most of you have used or checked them out before, but I'm just sharing what my idea is.

I've only occasionally checked the deals there and decided to just jump in. I purchased 1500 worth of the best deal clearance items I could find to resell on ebay (spent all day checking ebay pricing and only picked up the items that I could sell for 20-30% less than what the current lowest ebay prices are). I hope this works and all I'm looking to do is make enough to pay for my new gear? Hey, its worth a shot for free gear!

I purchase for my personal use the White Joe Rocket Jacket and a Pair of AGV Willow pants, should be here Wednesday for the long overdue nice weather. Oh, I also picked up a new Arai lid this week!

Anyway, if anyone is looking for great gear at great prices the closeout section is the place to look! (I do not work for them!) http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/closeouts/

Here are a few of the items I picked up (again, I am just sharing this information! Please don't think I'm pimping for profit, I just feel that deals like this are something that needs to be shared) (oh, and please don't buy a bunch like I did and compete with me! :goofy: )

$149 Joe rocket honda branded leather

white.jpg

$129 Joe rocket honda branded leather

front.jpg

Woman's $69 Joe rocket Jordan leather

blue_fixed2.jpg

$89 Scorpion Naked leather

silver.jpg

• Member Contributer

Sometimes they really have a sweet deal on stuff. I missed a deal on a pair of HELD Steve gloves for $70.

Then again, Dennis Kirk has some good deals as well. Picked up a nice JR textile jacket for the GF for $40.

:cheerleader: Their customer service is the best in the industry, period. They go above and beyond to make sure your order is right even when it's the manufacturers fault.

• Member Contributer

Good luck with your sales, that's a lot of dead cow in the closet if things fall through!

With my fat butt... I've claimed lives of at least 3 of them!

The owner of New Enough (Paul) rides a VFR. Not that it matters...I'm just chiming in to raise my post count. :goofy:

• Member Contributer

The owner of New Enough (Paul) rides a VFR. Not that it matters...I'm just chiming in to raise my post count. :goofy:

VFR Riders Unite! Wait, that's what were doing here... How about a VFR discount then :fing02: :

Thanks for the link and thought. I ordered the Joe Rocket Survivor suit from them @ $325, sounds like a deal. :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

I have bought two Scorpion jackets (All-in and Strike) and some TCX boots from them. As a new rider, I like the cheaper prices of things. Personally, I wouldn't gamble $1,500 on trying to flip their merchandise as most riders probably know about MCG.com.

• Member Contributer

I have bought two Scorpion jackets (All-in and Strike) and some TCX boots from them. As a new rider, I like the cheaper prices of things. Personally, I wouldn't gamble $1,500 on trying to flip their merchandise as most riders probably know about MCG.com.

I'm doing okay with it!

Actually made most of my money back already and still have 5 jackets to sell.

Over all I'll come out ahead in the money department and basically got me a full set of leathers at no cost other than some of my time in doing it all!

• Member Contributer

It matters to me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, you're right. It does kinda matter that an internet vendor that we all love rides a bike that we all love, huh? :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Yeah, you're right. It does kinda matter that an internet vendor that we all love rides a bike that we all love, huh? :fing02:

The original post was unclear, but I've been to the site and learned that NEW ENOUGH = MOTORCYCLEGEAR.COM. It's just a name change- same business!

Yay!

On a number of web vendor review sites that are not specifically motorcycle focused in any way---the names of which escape me at this moment--NE/MCG.com has consistently gotten 100% ratings for years in a row. On a review site that I saw a few weeks ago, NE was in the TOP TEN of any and all vendors that had been reviewed, and that numbered in the many thousands. That means they're at the very tippy-teeny-top of the customer satisfaction pyramid.

So....I think it's safe to say that damn near EVERYBODY in the motorcycling world knows and loves NE/MCG.com. :beatdeadhorse:

• Member Contributer

So....I think it's safe to say that damn near EVERYBODY in the motorcycling world knows and loves NE/MCG.com. :beatdeadhorse:

fortunately for me the ones who don't, are finding me on ebay! :cheerleader:

On a side note I received my Staintunes today... Worst packing job ever!!! I was so pissed that someone would think "its okay to ship something like this" :mad: Everything just thrown into a waaaay oversized box... without any real packing material? :pissed:

• 5 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I've since picked up a pair of FirstGear MeshTex pants on discount and a Scorpion Dark Smoke shield to bump me into free shipping. I'm now ready for my first bike in one week.

I love MCG.com.

Archived