Painting/color question

2thdr

• Member Contributer

Ehhhrrr... British Racing Green with minimalistic gold or silver pin striping??

P.S. I attended Gonzaga 1972-1975.

I just learned how important the paint is!

I have always thought the 1000f Interceptors were really ugly. I didnt like the shape at all...THEN I saw this monochrome red one and although I really dont like that colour too much, I LOVE the shape of this one. The paint and the application really transformed this bike.

CC4jpUgCWkKGrHqIOKo8E0UePRT07BNMv7Scb9w_3.jpg

• Member Contributer

I like the black, but it's an opportunity to do something different. What do you think?

Hi to all

In December i'm crashed too and i paint the bike again with same Black.

I don't think to re-sell the bike but with the stock color worth much than a non-stock.

I think too to do something different, but i ve bought on eBay cheap used parts to paint different, so i have two "dress" and in any moment i can turn back to the stock color.

Ciao, Luigi.

• Member Contributer

Good point Luigi.

He has two bikes and could get both painted for the money bartered or get a secong set of plastics/tank to have two completely different looking bikes with minimal change over time.

I think a tastefully done custom paint job does not detract from the bikes value but stock paint is generally a better indicator of rashed plastic or tip overs...

• Member Contributer

Good point Luigi.

He has two bikes and could get both painted for the money bartered or get a secong set of plastics/tank to have two completely different looking bikes with minimal change over time.

I think a tastefully done custom paint job does not detract from the bikes value but stock paint is generally a better indicator of rashed plastic or tip overs...

Hi to all

I speak about value because in Italy things goes in this way.

A used bike with stock colors are surely sold before than a personalized coloring, but in USA things maybe be different.

Now i have the plastic part to the finisher for repaint. My stock color is Black Mute Metallic and i ask to have it a same perfect one.

Two or three weeks of work and i will see the result.

Ciao, Luigi

• Member Contributer

Just to burn Timmy's eyes:

pic1.jpg

:biggrin:

I think the 1000F is the best looking of the 1st gens by a slim margin over the 500F.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

OK I found this on CList here in Spokane, and I really like this paint job. Do you think it would look good on a 6th gen VFR? Without the "F4" of course...

gallery_19529_5712_152601.jpg

99_CBR600F4.jpg

• Member Contributer

I think there is a VFR'er with that same paint on a 5th gen. I'll go look for the photo

Thanks Timmy.

• Member Contributer

BTW this bike only has 11k miles and is going for $3000, supposedly in near perfect condition...

• Member Contributer

You have the opportunity of a custom paintjob and you want your VFR to look like a CBR? :mellow:

• Member Contributer

You have the opportunity of a custom paintjob and you want your VFR to look like a CBR? :mellow:

It's easy for me to be critical and judgemental of others...I'm really good at it. I guess it's hard wired in. It's very difficult for me to be a source of help unless it's something I'm naturally good at. That being said, and not necessarily saying it applies to you dutchy, but how about a suggestion instead of a diss? I admit that I'm very much lacking in the originality dept and that's what this thread was for...to ask for suggestions!

• Member Contributer

And I didn't realize that was a factory F4 paintjob until I researched it a little...I still like it though.

• Member Contributer

I'm a big fan of the tangerine color that Lambo uses (Toro too...)

3902326958_a5be67f31b.jpg

Very nice...

For some reason I'm just really focused on red and black...

One of our members at the 09 Summit Meet had a tangerine6th gen, these are not good pics of it.

post-301-0-60804700-1296608064_thumb.jpg

post-301-0-81426200-1296608098_thumb.jpg

I've always liked Gloss Black and not the Bass Boat Black of the 06. :blush:

post-301-0-29452200-1296608432_thumb.jpg

BR

• Member Contributer

Go with your gut on the red and black preference. Those two colors look great on any bike ........especially a Honda!

Personally, I'd pick gloss black as my main color and have some red accents.........silver wheels and maybe a few

other subtle silver accents. Google "black and red sport bikes" or something like that and spend an hour scrolling

through hundreds of photos. I'd stay with a fairly simple paint scheme to avoid one of those "wtf was I thinking"

moments a few months after the work is done. Good luck and post a few pics when it's looking shiny and new :fing02:

• Member Contributer

One of our members at the 09 Summit Meet had a tangerine6th gen, these are not good pics of it.

post-301-0-60804700-1296608064_thumb.jpg

post-301-0-81426200-1296608098_thumb.jpg

I've always liked Gloss Black and not the Bass Boat Black of the 06. :blush:

post-301-0-29452200-1296608432_thumb.jpg

BR

Ya im kinda partial for the Tangerine :)

But not looking for to many others sharing the colour....

• Member Contributer

To be honest I like it too. There are a few scratches etc in my paint from the previous owner and I have been thinking repaint. I like the scheme off of the 01 or 02 cbr 600. Very similar to that one but overall white with a red wing. Being a canuck i thought it was kind of patriot too. If you like it, I say go for it. I have a pic on my desk top at work. If I still like it in six months then its a go for next winter. If I get tired of it, I'll look for something else. Also kind of like the RC51 scheme.

Archived