6th Gen Gold rims

46alpha

• Member Contributer

Ok, I've made more than a few promises to post pics of my new wheels. Sadly, I've been slacking. So here you go.....

goldrims2.jpg

goldrims1.jpg

Thanks to Seb for the find and Greyghost08 for the great wheels!

• Member Contributer

Nice! Powdercoat?

Yep. I had a slight ....

ahem..incident. Both my rims were badly damage. GrayGhost had them listed up here for sale and Seb pointed them out. I wasn't a big fan of the gold till I saw them in person. They have really grown on me tho. I love how they look on some more sportier bikes.

triumph_daytona_675.jpg

60605.jpg

• Member Contributer

You kids! Old guys invented cool. 1974 John Player Special Lotus Formula 1, and Lotus factory paint jobs since then, and a million aftermarket paint jobs.

Google Image search for "John Player Special"

3579932331_3145fe94a9_z.jpg

The real deal:

monaco2008_lotus_76.jpg

On a 1985 BMW R65:

jps.jpg

• Member Contributer

Hard to imagine this bike being any sexier, but I bet if someone p'shopped the wheels gold, there would be many broken marriages...

full.jpg

...huh. Why would someone put all that wonderful time into that bike and not bother to finish it? Gold wheels FTW.

...huh. Why would someone put all that wonderful time into that bike and not bother to finish it? Gold wheels FTW.

Kenny Dreer and the Norton American company he created went their separate ways a couple of years ago. I don't believe any of the Dreer Nortons were delivered. The company lingered as a corporate zombie until it sold the Norton brand name back to a company in the UK in 2008 (see the old thread somewhere in this section, 'Norton Goes Home'). We've speculated on this forum whether the designs for the Dreer Norton were included in the sale - but I've heard no definitive news. One can only hope, but in this shattered economy can Norton be revived?

http://www.nortonmotorcycles.com/bikes/

Still no gold wheels though...

1.jpg

1.jpg

1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Those gold wheels are dead sexy mate! Wow! you read my mind on what looks good! Funny Alpha posted the pic of the 675...I drool every time I see that particular bike! Black & Gold FTW!!

I LIKE GOOOOLD!

396capture_goldmember04.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Here's another goldie. Just paint, but it holds up very well anyhow. Notice the stand. I've had this for years, do not recall where I got it, but I have used it on many ss swing arm bikes and plan to stick it in the VFRs orifice, too.

post-23591-0-54855500-1319729741_thumb.j

Archived