Looking for soft side case suggestions for 6th gen

Guest Blackdog472

Guest Blackdog472

Can't swing the hard cases at the moment... I'd love to see pics of anyone's 6th gen with soft luggage...top or side..

Thanks

Oh ya, proud new owner of an 07 rwb....

Thanks again...

Soft side saddlebags blow chunks.

Once you've used the Ventura system, you'll never want soft saddlebags again.

You can run with the bag facing fore or aft, or zip two bags together for more capacity (with no pillion).

30 seconds, they're off the bike and carried into the motel room.

You can also get fitted rain covers for them.

post-554-127160834753_thumb.jpg

I've got a set of Cortech bags ( top and side in blue) that you can borrow to see if you like them, I'm not currently using as I have the Hondaline top and side cases on my bike smile.gif Pm me and maybe we could meet up since I'm in NH :rolleyes:

I used a nice set of FirstGear expanding saddlebags a few times, and still use a matching large expanding tailbag sometimes. Unfortunately during one trip the saddlebags slipped rearward while I was riding and the bike's exhausts melted the rear across-the-seat Velcro strap. sad.gif I had extra bungees with me so I was able to secure the bags and continue my trip.

If the luggage you buy has such straps, position the front one so that you're basically sitting on it. That will keep the bags from slipping back. The bags were great tho. Much cheaper than the OEM matching hard bags, but after installing the OEM bags I'll never go back. They rock. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

I just finished installing OEM hard bags and will be putting my Fieldsheer soft bags up for sale.

They are missing one strap, but survived over 4000 miles like that without moving.

No pics on this computer, I'll check my home system.

I've got a set of Cortech bags ( top and side in blue) that you can borrow to see if you like them, I'm not currently using as I have the Hondaline top and side cases on my bike smile.gif Pm me and maybe we could meet up since I'm in NH :warranty:

Hey Strap, that would be great, I'll get a PM out to you soon.... bought my bike at Naults in Manchester!

I'll be keeping my eyes open for a set of OEM sidecases at a decent price but haven't seen anything recently.. I have looked at the Givi sidebags as well but not ready to give up on the OEM's yet...

Didit, love to see a picture and let me know if you decide to sell....

Thanks guys....

SummerSummit09Meet103.jpg

These are my Cortech Sport Touring bags. Work very well and I like the looks of them. The only problem I have with soft bags is leaving your bike while exploring towns, bags can't be locked. Bags ride well and hold plenty of stuff; comes with nylon covers for rain. The flat aluminum bar is something I made to hold the bags away from my Remus pipes.

I've got a set of Cortech bags ( top and side in blue) that you can borrow to see if you like them, I'm not currently using as I have the Hondaline top and side cases on my bike smile.gif Pm me and maybe we could meet up since I'm in NH :fing02:

Hey Strap, that would be great, I'll get a PM out to you soon.... bought my bike at Naults in Manchester!

I'll be keeping my eyes open for a set of OEM sidecases at a decent price but haven't seen anything recently.. I have looked at the Givi sidebags as well but not ready to give up on the OEM's yet...

Didit, love to see a picture and let me know if you decide to sell....

Thanks guys....

Yeah just lemme know when you want them I'll be out of town this weekend but you could swing by a grab them from the fam :fing02: As far as the best price for the Honda bags try HondaEast in Toledo the hooked me up with my topbag and mount :blush:

I just picked up a set of these.http://www.ogio.com/product/view/222/Saddle-Bags

I have not used them yet so I cant comment but for the price I like what I got.

Hey Strap, Haven't forgot about ya, having trouble PMing from my work PC. try to remember to do it from home this evening...

Thanks for the info guys.....

Lots of options available in soft luggage.

I have been using a set of RKA saddlebags for over ten years, and I bought them USED. Mounting strap failed once (after several years of hard use), but RKA quickly sent a replacement, for a small charge.

Riderwearhouse, the Aerostich folks, have some nice waterproof Ortlieb saddlebags on offer, and I would seriously consider them if buying now. Expensive, though.

• 6 months later...
  • Member Contributer

You can run with the bag facing fore or aft, or zip two bags together for more capacity (with no pillion).

+1 on the Ventura system... I have used the same pack on going on 3 bikes. So when I get another bike all I have to do is buy the attachment rails (about $100) and I'm set again on the new bike. This is hassle free, the mount rails go on/off in 5 minute while sipping a brew and the pack is on/off in 15 seconds. I couldnt say how many thousands of miles I have logged with this, but its the way to go IMHO.

Agree on the soft side bags - at least on 6 gens. I was on vacation with 2 guys on 6ths and soft sides and they kept having to fight the setup so the durn things wouldnt burn on the exhaust on the bike. All the delays on the side of the road with me just sitting there watching drove me nutz.

+1 on the Ventura system... I have used the same pack on going on 3 bikes. So when I get another bike all I have to do is buy the attachment rails (about $100) and I'm set again on the new bike. This is hassle free, the mount rails go on/off in 5 minute while sipping a brew and the pack is on/off in 15 seconds. I couldnt say how many thousands of miles I have logged with this, but its the way to go IMHO.

Agree on the soft side bags - at least on 6 gens. I was on vacation with 2 guys on 6ths and soft sides and they kept having to fight the setup so the durn things wouldnt burn on the exhaust on the bike. All the delays on the side of the road with me just sitting there watching drove me nutz.

my racks solved the melting bags problem.

And for long rides i had him make a rear rack for all my gear for long hauls.

Which doesnt look nearly as gay as the 'Ventura System':goofy:

post-19334-095370100 1288498273_thumb.jp

• Member Contributer

I've got the Nelson Rigg Silver Streak bags - they're great and look great too. I didn't have any issues with heat or burning using the standard pads that come with them covering the exhaust pipes. These were purchased on www.newenough.com; in fact I think they are on sale again now?

2010-05-21170940.jpg

2010-05-21171011.jpg

Can't swing the hard cases at the moment... I'd love to see pics of anyone's 6th gen with soft luggage...top or side..

Thanks

Oh ya, proud new owner of an 07 rwb....

Thanks again...

No matter which ones you get this link is something to think about.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/63434-soft-bag-bracket-for-6th-gen-vfr/page__pid__742948#entry742948

Archived