Anyone tried one of these "Mini" cans?

Guest gearhead82

Guest gearhead82

Hi All. Came across this on ebay. It's a different (new?) Delkevic "Mini" can for $149. I've seen the other mufflers that Delkevic offer and heard a couple sound clips on youtube and they seem to be a good value. This is the first time I've come across this one though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Delkevic-VFR800-97-01-vfr-200mm-Mini-Exhaust-Muffler_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3efbfa2dd9QQitemZ270515449305QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Guest vfrrider

Look on Ebay for car exhaust and you'll find a million of them.

We call them fart cans for imports. Probably would sound better on a VFR.

Larry

Hi All. Came across this on ebay. It's a different (new?) Delkevic "Mini" can for $149. I've seen the other mufflers that Delkevic offer and heard a couple sound clips on youtube and they seem to be a good value. This is the first time I've come across this one though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Delkevic-VFR800-97-01-vfr-200mm-Mini-Exhaust-Muffler_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3efbfa2dd9QQitemZ270515449305QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

They make a carbon version also. within this link is a sound clip of the same pipe on an inline 4. Other than being loud I bet it would sound great on a VFR.

http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-generation-1998-2001/28495-new-delkevic-stubby-carbon-slip.html

A couple of those puppies under the tail would look sweet!

Someone over on ST.n rolled their own using a generic EBAY tuner Fart Can. On a B-12 IIRC.

Let me see if'n I can locate it.....

Ahh yes, here we go: www.sport-touring.net/forums/index.php/topic,45940.0.html

Sorry you'll have to cut 'n paste. There's a comma that prevents the link from working, as far as I can tell.

There's a video of it in that thread.

Finished3.jpg

It looks pretty cool, but if it sounds like a fart can, then its a deal breaker. Plus, you wanna be hit with crutches after BR wheels up to your garage?

IMG_5617.jpg

PS: My mini D&D is QUIET. ask anyone.

Before being turned to the VFR light I owned a 2007 yamaha R6s that had a similar exhaust from www.leveloneracing.com. The 263mm can is a little over 10 inches long and it had a 3 inch core with maybe 1" of it being packed material. Before I had that exhaust I had a black D&D can on my R6. Let me just say that the short style exhausts are in a league of their own when it comes to sound and volume. The short cans don't wind out like regular cans and keep a real deep mellow tone throughout the rev range. So if you like loud, deep, and full exhaust tones this is the can for you. After I had one on my r6 I wanted to adopt a lor can to a custom mid pipe since they have a universal one.

If I wasn't in Iraq right now I would buy this exhaust in a heart beat I love the sound! I probably will buy it but am going to email delkevic about that today.

• Member Contributer

Emailed the ebay seller and asked if the mid pipe had a rubber bump stop for the center stand. He said, "He didnt think so" and emailed me a pic of the 350mm setup. So I guess you'd have to install it, find out where the center stand hits and mount some kind of bump stop. Either welding a stock type or I'm thinking of a metal disk with rubber side and a tap screw in the middle.

Maybe this with some stainless washer to keep the heat off the rubber.

ens-9-9102g_bumpstop.jpg

I like those laser gp cans as well as the 200mm shorty!

It would be cool if they made a full exhaust with each can on the laser

gp exhaust was functional. I know the idea would be far fetched but one can hope.

I am going to get the 200mm once I get back from Iraq and the center stand thing doesn't

concern me. I will just have one made for how cheap the exhaust is I think its worth it.

I have a soft spot for shorty cans styled like the termignoni M1 replica and SSSAs as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived