Cheap and Cool Kung Fu GPS Mount

timmythecop

I while ago, I was in a dealership and I was looking at the 1/2 off selection. Lots of junk that people ordered and never picked up. There was a techmount there, but it was a ZX12 fairing mount. (goes to an inner fairing/mirror bolt). The sales guy said to make an offer on any of the stuff so I offered 20 bucks for the mount. He said ok and sold it to me. The price on the box was 93 dollars.

20992.jpg

I wondered where to put it, but placed it aside, knowing I would use it one day. I was in my man cave and saw a bracket that had holes that looked like the same width as the 2 bolts that hold the tank on and I picked it up. 10 minutes on the drill press and viola!!

It allows full movement of the triple tree and it looks pretty sano (espescially for a flat black kind of guy)

004-1.jpg

006-2.jpg

008-4.jpg

009-4.jpg

010-1.jpg

now all I need is a GPS.

• Member Contributer

picture 4 shows our high temp today of 28.

I thought the Man Cave stayed below freezing to ward off others...

Good way to keep the beer cold but watch the cigars...

001-5.jpg

004-2.jpg

The Dubious Chinese GPS (DCGPS) came in the mail today. It is the KungFU 3.5 super slim you may have seen on Ebay. Seem pretty damn cool for 65 bucks, but I'll review it after living with it for a while.

It has the US and it worked perfectly. It also says "You are over the spped limit" when you go over 55. Never knew my truck's speedo was optimistic.

Review to follow.

• Member Contributer

Wow! My eyes saw Kung Foo GPS but my brain said Kung Foo Grip.. I thought maybe you got a new G.I. Joe...

- and when you say flat black, you really mean FLAT black.

:offtopic: Isn't it bad enough you ruined the pretty yellow with that eggshell black? Can you at least wipe the bird shit off it?? :comp13:

:goofy:

ps - does it allow you to select Engrish as a language? :biggrin: Does it tell you that you'll be there in "Fi-Ten minit, otay", no matter what your route is? :laugh:

:ph34r:

• Member Contributer

:offtopic: Isn't it bad enough you ruined the pretty yellow with that eggshell black? Can you at least wipe the bird shit off it?? :comp13:

:goofy:

ps - does it allow you to select Engrish as a language? :biggrin: Does it tell you that you'll be there in "Fi-Ten minit, otay", no matter what your route is? :laugh:

:ph34r:

"Srow down, you round-eye idiot! You go to fast!!"

(okay, now I'm off to sensitivity training)

Archived