What Fork Oil Wt With F4i Internals Mod

marid2apterbilt

• Member Contributer

Yes switchblade that is where I got the blow-up diagram I posted earlier.

What I'm asking is which numbers are the OP and JD referring to when they use the following terms:

- Cartridge tube

- Rebound valve

- Adj/connector rod

I figure they are all in number 11 yet this part doesn't come separated in the microfiche

Pretty sure one unit .

Okay so I worked it out myself that number 11 I have always referred to as the damping rod and it contains those three parts that the op refers to and it can be taken apart by removing the oil lock from the bottom which just slips off and reveals a removable circlip inside the bottom end of the cartridge, which is the lower half. The damping rod (thinner upper half) slides in and out of said cartridge and has the rebound damping valve attached. The compression valve seats at the bottom of the cartridge and the whole thing can be disassembled once the circlip has been removed.

Thanks anyway.

• Member Contributer

This how-to thread should be of some use to you. it helped me out when I revalved the forks.

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=2a272e1fee31ef7f3563610390d096a5&t=147565&page=2

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

This how-to thread should be of some use to you. it helped me out when I revalved the forks.

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=2a272e1fee31ef7f3563610390d096a5&t=147565&page=2

I used that thread as well. Very helpful.

Matt