Yellow Submarine Finishing Touches

5thGenJim

• Member Contributer

I printed a pic of the Yellow Submarine and have been thinking about simple touches to add to the blank canvas. She was repainted so there are no graphics as of yet. Last weekend, Timmy suggested painting the belly black (after suggesting that I paint the whole thing flat black, of course). I think it would look something like this (w/ painted belly and some nominal graphics):

paint.jpg

Thoughts??

• Member Contributer

I would either adjust the belly line so that it goes flush with the tail or plan on adding some paint along the current line to the tail to make it "line up". Other than that I say go for it. It's your bike and do what ever makes you happy. :biggrin:

the 5th gen fairing has a crease right where the black is on the bottom, so it wouldnt work to move that line. Just be careful to avoid any resenblance to a bumble bee. Just put "KEEL" where VFR is :biggrin:

My latest Idea was to find a set of really old metal honda wings badges and glueing them on the tank.

• Member Contributer
the 5th gen fairing has a crease right where the black is on the bottom, so it wouldnt work to move that line. Just be careful to avoid any resenblance to a bumble bee. Just put "KEEL" where VFR is :blink:

My latest Idea was to find a set of really old metal honda wings badges and glueing them on the tank.

Yes - trying to avoid the bumble bee effect of doing too much yellow/black/yellow/black...

• Member Contributer
also, update yer avatar to show yer rockin 2BR pipe!

gotta buff that out a little first..

I say "embrace the bumblebee"... couple vertical stripes and a stinger exhaust setup! maybe that fuzzy black seatcover, even.. you did say you wanted to do something different w/ the seat, anyway.

• Member Contributer
also, update yer avatar to show yer rockin 2BR pipe!

gotta buff that out a little first..

I say "embrace the bumblebee"... couple vertical stripes and a stinger exhaust setup! maybe that fuzzy black seatcover, even.. you did say you wanted to do something different w/ the seat, anyway.

Maybe some dingleballs hangin' around the windscreen... KEEEELER BEEEEEEES!!!

I quite like the newer Honda wing badge thingos. How are they attached? Just stuck on?

I quite like the newer Honda wing badge thingos. How are they attached? Just stuck on?

i'm talking about one sorta like this. Back then, I think they were all screwed in, but I planed on glueing the screw heads in also. I think the new ones (and they ARE cool) are glued on too.

Honda_Red_Thin_Disk_Wing.JPG

What about some BMW style fading racing checkerboard pattern at the front part of the side fairings, as they did with their big K bikes?? I always like that styling treatment and it seemed to worked best on their yellow/black painted K bikes.

Beck

95 VFR

What about some BMW style fading racing checkerboard pattern at the front part of the side fairings, as they did with their big K bikes?? I always like that styling treatment and it seemed to worked best on their yellow/black painted K bikes.

Beck

95 VFR

there ya go

98k1200rs.jpg

• Member Contributer

Beck

95 VFR

there ya go

98k1200rs.jpg

Now, that's an interesting idea...

Archived