80$ Undertail Teaser

belovian

• Member Contributer

Well veefer, Your logic was mine as well. I would have preferred a 1000 can but they are harder to find, and when I measured at the dealer Seems to me it wouldn't fit. Plus a 600rr is more powerful than our vfr's so in theory it should flow plenty. On my 150 mile shakedown ride it felt as good as ever so...

Jesse

Your lucky with the 5 gen having the axle at the lower point for clearence. I have tried (not given up yet) a mock up on my 4 gen but need to go to a 45 rear tooth sprocket, mod the brake caliper mount bolt and rotate the axle to the lower position for more room. Good to see someone further along as I like the looks of this system.

Hugger won't really "hug" after you do that...

(Anyone remember *my* underseat project? I hardly do. I used a CBR600RR Laser slip-on (twin cans). Never got the link pipe made. Bike stuck in garage-limbo. Oh, the ignominy... :blush: )

Ciao,

Your right and remembered that fact after I posted and thought no one would care anyways...Kudos for your keen eye! If you want to sell the Lasers let me know.

(Anyone remember *my* underseat project? I hardly do. I used a CBR600RR Laser slip-on (twin cans). Never got the link pipe made. Bike stuck in garage-limbo. Oh, the ignominy... :blush: )

Ciao,

I DO! I DO! I DO! :fing02:

All aboard the FAILBOAT! :blush:

Its not Failure untill you either throw the parts away or sell them to another sucker smile.gif Until then its just work in progress smile.gif

Hey slo, I think you could lose the heat shield, and tuck the can up a little higher. Also you "massage" the underside of the muffler to gain a little clearance. Those two things might be enough?

Jesse

P.S.The pics of yours, were the inspiratin for my attempt. So Thanks!!

Glad I motivated someone smile.gif Your right about the shield and being higher. I have another sub frame that I am going to hack up to see about making this fit nice. I also have another lower tail light panel so it should not be a problem. I think you might be on to something with the massage of that unit. I may even cut it open and see about making it a bit louder. Great job again, Brian

How do you find a cheap stock exhaust? Closest I have seen is $50 which is a lot for something that might not be able to work with the 6th gen

• Member Contributer
Your lucky with the 5 gen having the axle at the lower point for clearence. I have tried (not given up yet) a mock up on my 4 gen but need to go to a 45 rear tooth sprocket, mod the brake caliper mount bolt and rotate the axle to the lower position for more room. Good to see someone further along as I like the looks of this system.

Just suck it up and do it right. smile.gif :fing02:

KG9K0173.jpg

Wow FotoMoto that looks awesome!

MD

On topic here:

If I were doung this mod, and re-using an OEM Honda muffler, I'd seriously think about the 1000RR can, if possible.

Now I don't know anything at this point regarding relative dimensions between the 1000rr and 600rr stock cans, but my reasoning is thus:

Honda designed the 600rr muffler to effectively quiet (stifle?) a 600cc engine. Extremely simple math 782-599=183cc's larger displacement.

You are essentially running a bigger motor into a smaller can, with the possibility of greater restriction, whereas the 1000rr can quite certainly would not restrict the exhaust flow of your engine, 999-782=217cc's less displacement.

Plus, you get the cool dual outlets Vs only one. :fing02:

If it were me, I'd gut the inside of the 600RR can completely and then fill the void with a standard perforated core, add some stainless steel wool and weld the endcap back on. wink.gif

Well veefer, Your logic was mine as well. I would have preferred a 1000 can but they are harder to find, and when I measured at the dealer Seems to me it wouldn't fit. Plus a 600rr is more powerful than our vfr's so in theory it should flow plenty. On my 150 mile shakedown ride it felt as good as ever so...

Jesse

I peeked, and there's a few on FleaBay at the moment.........

782 ??

Where did you find the extra cc? I want one too smile.gif

So sue me for one freaking cc. :dry:

Pedant. :fing02:

No doubt the extra CC is a by-product of slight cylinder wall wear and valve seating.

• 3 weeks later...

Couple of extra questions

Did you keep the stock plastic shield/fender?

Any melting issues if you did?

What and how did you mount the cbr muffler to the sub frame?

Thanks and pics are always welcomed ! Brian

• 3 years later...

Has anyone tried this with a 1000 can yet? It looks like the angle the pipe comes off the muffler with might be a problem. I asked the seller for the measurements of the muffler to verify it will even fit. Or would a 6th gen up pipe and/or mufflers work for a 5th gen?

Only if you swap the entire 6th gen rear subframe, plastics, and seat.

It's been done, at least twice that I know of.

Member Frozen did it and I forget the other dude, but he's on here too.

Archived