6th Gen, Free Extra Storage.

soichiro

PhotoMisc040a.jpg

Several people have contacted me on how I made my extra storage unit. I thought it easier to just do one how-to.

First remove the right cover, opposite side of the battery. 3 clips.

storage001Small.jpg

Here is the piece I made. I made it from a battery cover from a Honda car.

storage008Small.jpg

Here is the piece on the bike. The notch on the lower left corner and one zip tie hold it in place very well.

storage007Small-1.jpg

I can then put my slime mini compressor.

storage002Small.jpg

Tire plug kit

storage006Small.jpg

Assortment of fasteners

storage005Small.jpg

I put the compressor in first.

storage012Small.jpg

All in my free extra storage space. I wrap everything up in 3 zip lock bags and ck on it every several months. The items are invisible with covers and seat on.

storage016Small.jpg

storage015Small.jpg

Under the pillion seat I also utilize space to carry break down stuffs and the rest of the compressor parts. I have the power supply and air hose for the compressor. A roll of duct tape. A roll of electrical tape, lot of zip ties

storage021Small.jpg

There is a bit of space under the sub frame rail and the plastic as well.

storage018Small.jpg

Edited by HispanicSlammer
combined soiciro and dutch pics for feature

Please move if neccesary.

Several people have contacted me on how I made my extra srorage unit. I thought it easier to just do one how-to.

Brilliant!

Just a reminder boys and girls...make sure anything stored there can take the HEAT... +1.gif

Please move if neccesary.

Several people have contacted me on how I made my extra srorage unit. I thought it easier to just do one how-to.

Brilliant!

Just a reminder boys and girls...make sure anything stored there can take the HEAT... +1.gif

The only problem that I have had with heat was some latex gloves stuck together. I imagine it does get pretty hot there.

• Member Contributer

I drilled out the holes on the cover along with the tabs on the frame and added the clips that come on the battery side. It makes for quicker access to the goods stored in there and I don't have to fiddle with the other clips.

PhotoMisc040a.jpg

019.jpg

THat right side location was where I found the oem tool kit, after 3 years of ownership...... I had bought one as I thought my bike didn't come with one. I've heard that others have found their tool kits there as well.

• Member Contributer
THat right side location was where I found the oem tool kit, after 3 years of ownership...... I had bought one as I thought my bike didn't come with one. I've heard that others have found their tool kits there as well.

I guess I'm gonna have to pull that thing off when I get home today and see whats inside. Hmmmmmmm..

OOPs, I ddnt even think of the abs being diffirent, sorry. I will alter the title.

It really is a good storage area. It seems to stay realatively dry and clean. I have had the pump there for over a year. I pull everything out every couple months and the pump still works great and nothing has melted even in 100F NC summers.

I did have a set of latex gloves stick together but they werent melted or burned.

You could also put 2 chickens or a pound of the finer columbian back there. What ever suits your fancy, +1.gif

• 4 months later...
Guest vthoky

Neat, man! Thank you!

You could also put 2 chickens or a pound of the finer columbian back there. What ever suits your fancy, :cool:

Two chickens? Fo' real? :beer: :huh:

• Member Contributer

filled that spot already with fuseblock and switching for powerlet etc.

Well done with the compressor and patch kit idea tho...

• 1 year later...

I have added even more stuff. Everything for the plug kit, the compressor and misc. items will fit in the little cubby hole. It's amazing what will go in there if done right. I still havent had any heat issues other than the oiginal pair of hot latex gloves.

It' simple to make and you could put tools, or whatever in the there. It keeps a lot of stuff out of my tank bag. I could fabricate some nice ones and sell if people wanted, It works awesome. Pump is at least 2 years old if not 3 and still works. It stays dry in there.

I guess you could put a speedoheler and a power commander in there. Adding the frt. piece makes it weather resistant. A little dirt, a little heat, thats it.

What size drill bit do you use to be able to make use of the (much sturdier and easier to use) plastic clips like the ones on the battery side???

I´ve been using that spot to store a complete set of spare bulbs in a flip-top plastic tub (the one´s you can get XL packs of chewing gum in) for years now. I have a fuse box aft of the brake fluid reservoir thanks to Wiremybike.com.