Mp3 Player Just Died, Looking For Another One

Guest sigsauer33

• Member Contributer
I can't believe the number of people that are talking about iPods being overpriced and then turning around and recommending the Cowon products. I'd never heard of them, and they look darn nice, but holy c***, talk about overpriced.

COWONs cost a lot because you are getting a lot. You get the BEST audio quality, GREAT battery life, support for pretty much ALL file formats, and fairly good customer support. Name a player that has all of these and costs less. And I just did a quick price check, and COWON players are still cheaper than apple devices when compared by capacity.

As for iRiver, only a couple of their players are worthwhile. The last one I had was the 30? It looked like an extruded triangle with round corners. Was a pretty good player.

• Member Contributer

I have lots of Creative products. Most bought direct at Creative.com. I have had good service from the company. I haven't had a failure yet. The zen v is what is strapped to my arm while working. I have the 4 gig model. I had a 20 gig zen photo but found that it's size was to large for my lifestyle. My wife and son have vision m's and my wife uses a zen that's the credit card size most.

• Member Contributer

About 3-4 years ago, when I finally got around to purchasing an MP3 player, I began my research by googling "Best MP3 player". That's how I do most of my purchases, BTW.

After several days of wading through the Internet, I have chosen COWON iAudio. (No, I don't own their stock sad.gif )

I then went a step further and listened to a bunch of the biggest named players mentioned above in the store. After that, my choice was easy. No question about it. For what I needed from this gadget, COWON was perfect.

Here is what I liked about it:

- It is small and light. Perfect for the gym or bike ride

- It has great battery live - Enough for several day-long rides

- FM tuner is one of my favorite features

- No-look interface. I can change songs, control volume and switch between FM and MP3 functions w/o looking at the thing. Again, perfect for motorcycle.

- Sound quality. Simply amazing. Especially if you get a better set of headphones, you will really appreciate just how great this little thing sounds.

I have not found this combination of features in any other device at any price.

Needless to say, I highly recommend :fing02:

41XN2RNJZ4L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

• Member Contributer

I am with you on not going woth an ipod. I did not care for the Creative product either.

I have tried a few others but this has been the best for the price. I have a FM tunner so I can play it in the truck which also charges it on the go.

SANDISK - SANSA

Sansa I have about 6 of these for me the wife and the kids.

I just bought the kids a 4 gig and 8 gig Fuse which are very nice.

If you are looking for one for the are I use a c250 with the sport strap. So it on my arm and I can change things wile I ride. This is one of the older models and has 2 gig. But the Sansa also have micro sd slots so you can add or just change out micro sd's.

The Sansa also have built in voice recorders and FM Stereo Tuners for listening to the radio.

Ok well first off thank you for all of your input. after reading everything I went out the other day and bought the Sansa Fuze 4GB and added a 2GB mini sd card that I had for my crack berry. I got it at circuit city for 69.99 (they are 79.99 at best buy). the following are the reasons why i got it.

Apple - FACE IT I HATE THEM, they are too much money for what you are getting and you have to use ITUNES to put music on the player which makes it difficult for me when deploying.

Zune - Once again to much money for something that was meant for the motorcycle and once again you have to have a software to get music. ( deploy a lot so I like to be able to get music on the go.)

COWON- I have never heard of them till i read it here, I must say that they are beautiful, I love the features and looks but lets face it, this is for a motorcycle so it is a little to much for me.

SPECIAL NOTE--- be careful of touch screen players, I found that some of them only respond to the static from your hands, so with gloves they do not work, kind of like a laptop touchpad mouse (try moving the mouse with your finger wrapped your shirt!)

After playing with the SANSA FUZE for a day now here is my review so far.

PRO's

The set up of the player is so simple, just turn it on and select english and time and it is done and ready to use. There are a few factory songs, photos and videos that you can delete.

The buttons are very nice to use with riding gloves on ( i felt pretty funny standing in the stores with my riding gloves on playing with the MP3 players and I am sure some people got a kick out of it.)

Battery life last up to 23 hours with a full charge and playing music the whole time!!!!!

Plug it into your computer and drag and drop folder or files of music with no additional software!

CON's

It has its own type of cable for data transfer and charging (it charges while connected to the computer, does not come with a wall plug) I am a big fan of the mini USB connectors and 90% of my stuff has that plug so now I have the carry around this cable as well.

Was playing with it today and all of a sudden it turned off and I could not get it back on. After doing some research I found out that I was messing with it so much that it needed a reset (hold power button on for 15 sec and it is fixed)

I would highly recommend this player for anyone looking for one for the VFR!

• Member Contributer
Apple - FACE IT I HATE THEM, they are too much money, you have to have a special software to download music (i am a torrent fan) and the head phone jack is not a 3.5mm so you constantly have to use adapters.

:laugh:

Do you just make stuff up?

Guess what...you can load any MP3 on an iPod. Yes, even torrent files. Ripped CDs. *Any* MP3 file will work just fine. They also (ALL of them) use standard 3.5mm stereo jacks, the ONLY variance was the slightly recessed standard 3.5mm stereo jack on the first generation iPhone for which pretty much every headphone manufacturer revised their jack moulding to fit.

Buy whichever player works for your needs (as you did), but don't spread BS masquerading as knowledge.

• Member Contributer

There is always a lot of misinformation about Apple products. It seems that 99% of the time people who have serious issues with Apple products have never owned an Apple product. Much in the way that Harley guys say "Japanese bikes suck".

I apologize for the incorrect information, I was at Best Buy asking one of their sales reps about the Pro's and Con's of the IPOD and that is the information that he gave me. You would think that they would not say stuff like that, but once again I apologize but as for the price I am still right,

IPOD 2GB Shuffle (no screen which means, no videos, no pictures, not being able to see you song information also no FM radio turner, no voice recording) 69.99 (best Buy)

Sansa FUZE 2GB (full color screen, video playback, picture viewer, and expandable sd card slot, as well as an FM turner will programmable presets, and a voice recorder) 69.99 (best Buy)

I do not want to start a war but I aplogize for the remarks and will fix it now!

• Forum CEO

A friend from work got a new Sandisk 4 gig with an FM reciever. It looks like an Ipod Nano but with more bells and whistles and can run on most any computer A(ie downloads) I was really impressed. Check it out I $89 for 4 gig, and they have an 8 gig plus it comes with a mini sd slot for more storage

Archived