Cb 1000 R Wheels

Guest Veeeferboy

Guest Veeeferboy

I just had a close look at the new Cb1000r and the rear wheel is real good looking.

Its also on a SSS, takes a 180/55/17 and has 4 nuts.

Question is, is the PCD and offset the same and will it fit my 04 ?? :fing02:

• 1 month later...

Jinx!!

Was at the dealer thinking the same thing... measured the distance between the four lugnuts. Exactly the same. The details on the tyrewall were the following: 180/55 ZR 17 M/C (73W).

I'm fairly certain it will fit, the question is: offset???

• Member Contributer
pcd 4x100

same for both

offset = ?

only time will tell

I'd be surprised if it were not centred, like all* the other Honda SSSA rears.

*Not so sure about the VFR400R NC24 or the Hawk GT, but NC30, RC30, RC36, RC40, RC45 and RC46 are all centred.

Ciao,

I just had a close look at the new Cb1000r and the rear wheel is real good looking.

Its also on a SSS, takes a 180/55/17 and has 4 nuts.

Question is, is the PCD and offset the same and will it fit my 04 ?? :biggrin:

I dunno, but the swirly, soft looking wheel pattern on that new CB1K wheel

gallery_285_20_42538.jpg

cb1000r-3.jpg

does not seem to go with the decidedly angular look of the 6th gen. I'd rather see the classic 8 spoker from the 3rd gen on a 6th gen instead of the CB1K's. I would question its use on the CB1K itself because it too is very angular. JMO.

PS, the DN-01 wheel's pattern might actually look very nice on a VFR but unfortunately, the 5 bolt pattern and maybe the offset does not match our VFR's. sad.gif Shucks!

gallery_285_20_88837.jpg

honda-dn-015.jpg

Beck

95 VFR

Never heard about this CB1000R..do they sell in the U.S.??

I agree..the 6th Gen is angular and the wheel pictured is rather curvy.

Bike looks pretty sweet

• Member Contributer

Oh, you're right about the DN wheel! I haven't been able to look past the bike as a whole to see the wheel. Wonder how hard it would be to swap the hub out for a 5 lug?

How long before someone photochops the CB wheel onto a 5th gen? With a Staintune high mount... Hint hint...

Oh, you're right about the DN wheel! I haven't been able to look past the bike as a whole to see the wheel. Wonder how hard it would be to swap the hub out for a 5 lug?

How long before someone photochops the CB wheel onto a 5th gen? With a Staintune high mount... Hint hint...

Unfortunately, the hub attaches to shaft drive "stuff" on the other side, so you might have to figure that out too. I would think it's close to impossible. sad.gif

Beck

95 VFR

Archived