Cortech Textile Riding Pants

Bent

• Member Contributer

Anyone have Cortech Tourmaster riding pants? What type and how do you like them?

THX, Bent :fing02:

• Member Contributer
Anyone have Cortech Tourmaster riding pants? What type and how do you like them?

THX, Bent :fing02:

I used to have a pair......liked em' fine until I got the Olympias............. :fing02:

I got the TourMaster Venture pants from New Enough for $79 after I got back from T-Mac. I've only worn them once so I'm not much help. I do have several of their jackets and have always been happy with the quality.

Hope you weren't out riding today. It nearly floated my truck away.

I'm betting that you've been working too much by the lack of posts. Me too.

• Member Contributer
I got the TourMaster Venture pants from New Enough for $79 after I got back from T-Mac. I've only worn them once so I'm not much help. I do have several of their jackets and have always been happy with the quality.

I was riding all morning (imagine that... tongue.gif ).....pour down.....then soak you in humidity when the sun would pop out............ :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Yes, too much work, not enough fun.....I'm "working" on that problem.

I got in about 110 miles of dry riding in on the snob bike yesterday. Going to do some putzing around on it today for a good while. Better get started! Let's ride someday....I'll be sane....promise. I'm practicing that now... :angry:

• Member Contributer

I was riding all morning (imagine that... tongue.gif ).....pour down.....then soak you in humidity when the sun would pop out............ :angry:

Ever heard of a "cage"? It's OK to be seen in one. :biggrin:

I have the tourmaster caliber pants and a jett jacket. I love the pants. They are very stout and very well made. They are cookers in anything above 80degrees. Witht the thermal liner in they would be good down to freezing no problem. The rain liner is not removable.

I really like mine, they are very tough and the material is robust. They are 94% waterproof, which I consider to be excellent. My last pair of JR's were hardly waterproof at all.

They are my favorite pair of textiles so far. You wont be disappointed and the price is right.

The armor is good and it has extra panels in the slide zones.

Buy them, you wont be disappointed.

I also really like the jacket. Tourmaster, cortech has fine products with very good armor. The jacket I bought is all textile. Suprisngly it has GP style armor. Hard plastic over foam, thats the best there is.

I would like to add a plug for Cortech products, although I don't have the pants you're asking about, I've got a couple tex jackets and other items here and I am impressed with their quality. Everything Soichiro said. :angry:

They are very stout and very well made. They are cookers in anything above 80degrees. Witht the thermal liner in they would be good down to freezing no problem. The rain liner is not removable.

I really like mine, they are very tough and the material is robust. They are 94% waterproof, which I consider to be excellent. My last pair of JR's were hardly waterproof at all.

The armor is good and it has extra panels in the slide zones.

Buy them, you wont be disappointed.

+1 to what soichiro said. My only complaint is they are to hot to ride in 3/4 of the year here. I'm looking to get a pair of mesh pants for hotter weather. Problem is most of the mesh pants have crap for armor. I may have to bite the bullet and buy some perfed leather pants. They also make convertible type pants now and that may be the way to go.

Action

• Member Contributer

I picked up a pair of the Venture Pants while at the TMac this year. They were great in the mornings to keep the chill off. They do get waarm when it gets hot outside. With the liner in these pants they are great for riding in the 30 deg and not even feeling a bit cold. The pair I have are a bit to small for my rather large arse. But they do run true to size as most jeans. So I dont wear them in the summer. Unless I am going for a long ride and expect bad weather. Overall the fit good and seem to be very durable.

• Member Contributer

I picked up the Venture Air Mesh pants last year from NE. Good pants, very flexible. Outside is a mesh shell, next layer is a removable waterproofish liner, then a removable insulated liner.

I haven't made much use of the insulated liner, but thats due to several factors...1) with the insulation in, things are a bit....*ahem* "snug". Guess its time to stop trying to turn myself into a french fry ... you are what you eat. 2) I haven't really needed the insulation to be honest, just throw in the rain liner for a wind breaker and all is well. Of course then again I'm also used to cold temps so it really doesn't bother me. And 2a) I do my riding in GA/SC/NC. Its never really been cold enough for me to need the insulation.

The rain liner - pretty functional except during extended runs (I mean like 2+ hours) in full downpour, but thats to be expected I think. If you are really that worried, carry a rain suit.

The mesh - very nice to have now that the temps are getting brutal.

All in all a good product to go from zero to scorching.

http://www.newenough.com/protective_appare...ycle_pants.html

HTH.

I picked up the Venture Air Mesh pants last year from NE. Good pants, very flexible. Outside is a mesh shell, next layer is a removable waterproofish liner, then a removable insulated liner.

I haven't made much use of the insulated liner, but thats due to several factors...1) with the insulation in, things are a bit....*ahem* "snug". Guess its time to stop trying to turn myself into a french fry ... you are what you eat. 2) I haven't really needed the insulation to be honest, just throw in the rain liner for a wind breaker and all is well. Of course then again I'm also used to cold temps so it really doesn't bother me. And 2a) I do my riding in GA/SC/NC. Its never really been cold enough for me to need the insulation.

The rain liner - pretty functional except during extended runs (I mean like 2+ hours) in full downpour, but thats to be expected I think. If you are really that worried, carry a rain suit.

The mesh - very nice to have now that the temps are getting brutal.

All in all a good product to go from zero to scorching.

http://www.newenough.com/protective_appare...ycle_pants.html

HTH.

I got mine from newenough as well. They have a jacket just like the pants mentioned. I bought the pants strictly for cooler weather riding. The convertible jacket is pretty neat.

This is the jacket I bought

h_k1_black.jpg

THis is the convertible jacket.

h_fj2_red.jpg

These are the pants I got

h_tb.jpg

Convertible pants

h_tf.jpg

• Member Contributer

I purchase the TourMaster Venture Air pants 15 months ago and have never looked back. Very versatile pair of riding overpants. Mesh for hot, rain liner for rain or cooler days, and add the insulated liner for cold days. I commute 60 miles daily from 20 degrees to 100 degrees plus here in Nebraska. Since purchasing, I have left my other riding pants in the closet. A pair of First Gear Leather overpants (lack jacket attachment zipper) and a pair of textile overpants with insulated liner.

The only draw back would be having to remove my boots (well it is alot easier with the boots off) to take off or put on when the liner(s) are attached.

The plus and this is a big plus in my opinion is only needing one pair of pants to cover all the seasons of riding. When touring, packing one or two liners is alot better than a two or three pair of riding pants!

I've heard the the Cortech's are real nice but have snaps on the waist rather than hooks, so if you snug the velcro on the sides and you move too much the snaps pop off which is kinda a pain the the neck. I have the first gear equivalent to these and they have the hook on the waist so I don't have that issue. Just something to consider...

• Member Contributer
This is the jacket I bought

h_k1_black.jpg

THis is the convertible jacket.

h_fj2_red.jpg

These are the pants I got

h_tb.jpg

Convertible pants

h_tf.jpg

Lookin' a little ghostly, judging from those pictures! http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/style_e...lt/rolleyes.gif

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/style_e...lt/rolleyes.gif

• Member Contributer

I was riding all morning (imagine that... tongue.gif ).....pour down.....then soak you in humidity when the sun would pop out............ :fing02:

I get wetter in my cars when I put the tops down.....I always feel stupid wearing my rain gear in the cars.......the bike works better............... :goofy:

• Member Contributer

I get wetter in my cars when I put the tops down.....I always feel stupid wearing my rain gear in the cars.......the bike works better............... :fing02:

I sensed there was a "problem".....but you haven't melted yet.... :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the input everyone. I asked about Cortech because I like their stuff. Just wanted experienced opinions. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

I was riding all morning (imagine that... tongue.gif ).....pour down.....then soak you in humidity when the sun would pop out............ :rolleyes:

I get wetter in my cars when I put the tops down.....I always feel stupid wearing my rain gear in the cars.......the bike works better............... :goofy:

I sensed there was a "problem".....but you haven't melted yet.... :biggrin:

Sure I've melted......look at my height................ :goofy:

• Member Contributer

I was riding all morning (imagine that... tongue.gif ).....pour down.....then soak you in humidity when the sun would pop out............ :rolleyes:

I sensed there was a "problem".....but you haven't melted yet.... :biggrin:

Sure I've melted......look at my height................ :goofy:

Ya got me there! Dynamite comes in small packages.......

Tourmaster and cortech make really good gear. Dont expect BMW or aerostitch quality but their gear is very good for the cost. I would say they are the best in the lower, middle price class.

My jett2 jacket actually has gp armor. Plastic over foam. My leather jacket and my 2 piece suit only has foam.

For the price you cant beat it.

• Member Contributer
Tourmaster and cortech make really good gear. Dont expect BMW or aerostitch quality but their gear is very good for the cost. I would say they are the best in the lower, middle price class.

My jett2 jacket actually has gp armor. Plastic over foam. My leather jacket and my 2 piece suit only has foam.

For the price you cant beat it.

Thanks Doug. I got the money but don't have the time. What's wrong with that picture? I'm going to have to force some time off and see what life is all about again. Won't need any riding pants if I don't do that.... :rolleyes:

• Member Contributer

I tried on the Cortechs back to back with Olympia's Air Glide and Recon2 overpants (Bogart's Motorsports down near B'ham). Liked the build and fit of the Olympia better. Full length leg zippers, removeable insulated rain liner and enough mesh to keep me from heat-stroking in Rocket City traffic at noon.

I'm looking at trying to fit the Tourmaster leather pant armor ($20 on the site) to see if I can add a bit more knee protection but what's there suffices for now.

Archived