Cortech Textile Riding Pants

Bent

• Member Contributer
I tried on the Cortechs back to back with Olympia's Air Glide and Recon2 overpants (Bogart's Motorsports down near B'ham). Liked the build and fit of the Olympia better. Full length leg zippers, removeable insulated rain liner and enough mesh to keep me from heat-stroking in Rocket City traffic at noon.

I'm looking at trying to fit the Tourmaster leather pant armor ($20 on the site) to see if I can add a bit more knee protection but what's there suffices for now.

Yeah, the Olympia Airglides are what I have now.....I use ICON leg armor on long or "sportier" rides under em' also........ :rolleyes:

• Member Contributer
I tried on the Cortechs back to back with Olympia's Air Glide and Recon2 overpants (Bogart's Motorsports down near B'ham). Liked the build and fit of the Olympia better. Full length leg zippers, removeable insulated rain liner and enough mesh to keep me from heat-stroking in Rocket City traffic at noon.

I'm looking at trying to fit the Tourmaster leather pant armor ($20 on the site) to see if I can add a bit more knee protection but what's there suffices for now.

I'll have my snob bike at Bogart's in 4 to 5 weeks, so, I'll take a look see at the Olympia's. Thanks... :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Ever heard of a "cage"? It's OK to be seen in one. :fing02:

1973 ford maverick il6 4 door vynl top all orginal and only 76k miles. =)

• Member Contributer

Ever heard of a "cage"? It's OK to be seen in one. :fing02:

In their time, Ford musta sold a gillion of them. :fing02:

I have Tourmaster venture pants. I love them, I've had them for about 3 months.

They came with two liners, a thermal layer and a mesh inside/windbreaker outside layer.

I've mostly used them mesh only as about half of the last 90 days have been 85+ degrees around here. But I have warn the mesh/windbreaker layer inside of them a couple of times in the fog.

I really like that the knee pads have several positions and the zipper all the way up the leg is great too.

The reflective panels are BRIGHT.

They are comfortable too, like a pair of sweats and it's not uncommon for me to ride to work in them and never get around to changing out of them.

I'd definately recommend them. I think they were about $150-175 at my local honda dealer, I've seen them online for a little bit (but not much less).

• Member Contributer
I have Tourmaster venture pants. I love them, I've had them for about 3 months.

They came with two liners, a thermal layer and a mesh inside/windbreaker outside layer.

I've mostly used them mesh only as about half of the last 90 days have been 85+ degrees around here. But I have warn the mesh/windbreaker layer inside of them a couple of times in the fog.

I really like that the knee pads have several positions and the zipper all the way up the leg is great too.

The reflective panels are BRIGHT.

They are comfortable too, like a pair of sweats and it's not uncommon for me to ride to work in them and never get around to changing out of them.

I'd definately recommend them. I think they were about $150-175 at my local honda dealer, I've seen them online for a little bit (but not much less).

Thanks!

Looks like I have some good options out there. Think I could get away with "I need a new bike to go with my new riding pants??". No ask, no get..... :ph34r:

• Member Contributer
Ever heard of a "cage"? It's OK to be seen in one. :ph34r:

Yeah, I got access to cars.....drag it out of the back, bolt some pieces on after you've hammered and jerked on it, then start and take off................... :cool:

• 1 month later...

I ride in Cortech gear.

I use the regular stuff (Cortech Sport Riding Jacket) for fall/winter and the GX Air Series 2 jacket and pants for summer.

I tried a LOT of competing brands and models in the store - but most were too much/too heavy/too many bells and whistles, etc. and settled on the Cortech gear.

I've been using them for 3 years now and love them. Especially in 105 degree heat!!

Cheers! E-Ticket

I have Cortech Venture Air Pants and love them. Very cool and comfy even up to 100 degrees -red lights of course! Also has a thermal liner so they are three season pants when i wear my underarmor cold gear leggings! Today, I rode with my heatgear boxers my Air pants and A-stars boots and was comfy....the temp gauge said 102 degrees.

I've also got the the TM Advanced jacket 3/4 and GX AIR leather/mesh jacket. I think their stuff and Teknic's stuff is top notch for the money. :fing02:

I've got some cortech mesh pants and I love them. Had them since May. They came with two liners, a thermal layer which I havent used yet, and rain layer which are like mesh on the inside and windproof nylon on the outside. The knee pads are adjustable for height and are prety comfortable and the hip pads are great too. They zip most of the way up the sides for ease of removal for when Britney Spears pulls up in her convertable bmw and wants to pull onto a side road with you. They've got a very bright reflective triangle and reflective piping.

The zipper is a little funky, it goes a little bit too high but maybe it's just an issue for me. The other zippers (on the pockets) and the legs do have some minor issues as well in that the extra material and liners get stuck in them but if you're just careful and take your time when zipping or unzipping I've found the zippers to be fine (sometimes difficult as Britney is not always patient and wants it NOW).

They zip nicely into my cortech jacket, but I seldom do this as the overlap betwen the two is sufficient that I dont really feel it's necessary.

Archived