My Sore Ass Needs Your Help!

RollinAgain

Question

• Member Contributer

I put almost 500 miles on my bike yesterday riding up to Tennessee and back from Atlanta and my stock seat really did a number on my ass. I am looking to buy a Sargent seat for my 2007 Anniversary Edition to make the ride a bit more comfortable. I am looking for a black on black seat and Sandhill Powersports only has red and yellow piping available at the moment. I was ready to place my order on the sporttour.com website but when I get to the shopping cart it shows the following description: Sargent World Sport Seat w/ Black Accent - '02-'06 VFR800

Is this seat compatible with 2007 model VFR or is there somewhere better that you recommend I order from?

My sore Arse thanks you for your input.

Regards,

Rollin

14 answers to this question

Hey Rollin,

I ordered from Sandhill a few months ago during a group buy, and I am pretty sure that the 02-06 seat will fit your bike. I have an '08 and the Sergeant is definitely the way to go! It's an awesome seat, and I think that it is well worth the money. Your stock solo seat cover will also fit nicely on the Sergeant.

From Sergeant's website, they make a model for the VFR for years 2002+. Check it out here:

http://www.sargentcycle.com/howsvfr82.htm

TM

• Member Contributer

Great seat, nice improvement over stock. It seemed like it took a long time for mine to break in, a number of months, but it's in pretty good shape now. I'd recommend one for anyone with a VFR.

Why not save some cash and just go to a local upholstery shop and get them to just re-pad your seat. I did this 2 years ago and have put 1000km a day with a perfect ass and back, no pain at all. My arms on the other hand were sore.

don't underestimate the value of some cycling shorts. you'll feel foolish in spandex shorts before you get your leathers on, but a nice chamois pad on your ass really can help on the long rides. wink.gif

don't underestimate the value of some cycling shorts. you'll feel foolish in spandex shorts before you get your leathers on, but a nice chamois pad on your ass really can help on the long rides. wink.gif

I know, I know........

If I doed it, I get a whippin..................... :beer: :blink: sad.gif :ohmy:

I DOED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :goofy: :wheel:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.p...;hl=Nut+Powder#

• Member Contributer

Understand your consternation.

I've sat on several Sergents and they just don't do it for me.

I guess I'm the only one that actually likes the stock seat....no problems at all for me.....guess that means I'm a hardazz....

• Member Contributer
Why not save some cash and just go to a local upholstery shop and get them to just re-pad your seat. I did this 2 years ago and have put 1000km a day with a perfect ass and back, no pain at all. My arms on the other hand were sore.

What did this cost you and do you have any pics?

• Member Contributer
Understand your consternation.

I've sat on several Sergents and they just don't do it for me.

I guess I'm the only one that actually likes the stock seat....no problems at all for me.....guess that means I'm a hardazz....

Corbin to Sergent to stock and found the stock seat fine with leathers worn. Corbin too hard, Sergent mabey too soft. I was thinking of trading for a Corbin Smuggler seat. Is there any bad things to say about this design. Smuggler has the single seat and storage hatch seat cowl.

On Longer rides I wear compression shorts under the leathers and absolutely no monkey butt. Bicycling shorts probably work the same. The extra support on the thighs seems to help against cramping too. The stock seat has good padding and side cuts work good for sport riding. Under hard braking it tends to slide me into the tank that and the gripless vinlyl are it's biggest negatives. I was considering a custom cover for my stock seat from HT Moto. WWW.HTmoto.us it may solve the sliding forward problem.

What did this cost you and do you have any pics?

Sorry no pics, But it just looks like the normal seat until you sit on it and feel the difference. the local shop here charged me something like $50.00 to do it and they had the seat a day.

Archived