Cheapest Zumo 550 Ever!

Silver#788

• Member Contributer

I fear it must be a scam so "PLEASE DO NOT ORDER UNLESS YOU CAN VERIFY THE COMPANY"

But if it is real then $325 is a REALLY god price. I paid way more!

http://divine-shopping.com/Product_Detail.asp?id=1146

Possible Scam Please Research before considering an order

• Member Contributer

probably scam. I found a couple sites reporting that the domain was available as of february last year. So its probably an old website for a company that doesn't exist anymore, but is still up and able to take your money.

• Member Contributer
I fear it must be a scam so "PLEASE DO NOT ORDER UNLESS YOU CAN VERIFY THE COMPANY"

I think this says it all:

"We are a legal registered company in Chinese Government"

What's there to worry about?

• Member Contributer
Though not a Zumo (therefore not motorcycle intent), not waterproof, vibration proof or glove ready, this still looks pretty cool.

http://navigonusa.com/products/2100-max

It's legit and interesting. May have to look at the Canadian version.

No good for me. Pre-loaded maps do not include alaska :rolleyes:

• Member Contributer

Speaking of cheapest Zumo ever. I found a real company while looking for my Zumo that sells them for $515. Whats the catch? It's a non-US version. So what? That means there is no waranty in the US. :pissed:

No deal.

Be very careful of any Garmin product that might not be a US marketed version.

• Member Contributer

Drear Customer?? Have no to have already sent out the information! LMFAO :fing02:

Drear customer:

Welcome to www.divine-shopping.com!

We are a wholesaler which can offer you all kinds of electronic products. We located in Beijing, China. We are a legal registered company in Chinese Government.

We depend on the advantage of logistic, there''s a professional agency, an electricity stage---www.divine-shopping.com and help more and more aborad consumers realize their dreams--buy goods at home!

All the products we sell are original and new. They have the offical warranty from the manufacturer.

Our services, which include dropshiping directly to your clients, are unsurpassed by other wholesale electronics. Wholesale electronics distributors make it easy for you to start or upgrade your own business with virtually without pocket expenses.

We will supply the best service to every customer. Have a fantastic shopping!

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer
wow the zumo is not cheap.

Take a look at the new Tom Tom Rider2, recently upgraded. Has map sharing and you can change your maps to show road blockages etc. Cost is $649. These guys seem to have some good ideas.

Geezer

http://www.tomtom.com/news/category.php?ID...D=517&Lid=4

http://www.tomtom.com/products/product.php...ory=1&Lid=4

Cost is $649. These guys seem to have some good ideas.

So.. same price as the Zumo then.

The Zumo is becoming like the iPod: even if there is a comparable device for cheaper, there is a big enough community to make Zumo the winner (connect.garmin.com/zumo, autocom making cables for the zumo, etc).

• Member Contributer

I just ebay'd myself a Magellan Roadmate 2200T. $109. Waterproof, touchscreen, got a RAM clutch mount kit coming for it. Problem solved. No bluetooth, but my map wouldn't have that either...

I just ebay'd myself a Magellan Roadmate 2200T. $109. Waterproof, touchscreen, got a RAM clutch mount kit coming for it. Problem solved. No bluetooth, but my map wouldn't have that either...

I currently have a Magellan 2200T with a tech mount.

Works ok.

2 things that are making me lean towards the Zumo:

1) a lot of glare on the magellan. hard to see the screen on sunny days.

2) cannot take custom routes. You cannot build custom routes.

Aside from the Zumo, is there another less expensive GPS that will let you create routes?

Works ok.

Aside from the Zumo, is there another less expensive GPS that will let you create routes?

The Garmin Quest & Quest 2 can be had cheap, have great features are waterproof , glare proof screen and you can program anything you want. Off eBay for less then $200 as a Factory refurbished unit with teh same 1 year Garmin warranty. :comp13:

It's very cool to build custom routes of just twisty back roads, what a blast! :wheel:

• Member Contributer

Works ok.

From what I understand, it will auto-recalculate your route if you happen to "accidentally" take the "wrong" road... It'll get you back to where you need to go, even if you mistakenly take that twisty backroad instead of the highway. Hopefully...

From what I understand, it will auto-recalculate your route if you happen to "accidentally" take the "wrong" road... It'll get you back to where you need to go, even if you mistakenly take that twisty backroad instead of the highway. Hopefully...

What I mean by custom routes is to upload a route where you choose what roads to take.

So, instead of:

take me from point A to point B by whatever roads (shortest distance, avoid highways, etc)

I want

Take me from point A to point B by the roads I want.

Just last weekend, I planned a 100 mile route all using backroads.

I ended up printing the directions in paper and using my tank bag to hold the paper.

The magellan 2200T was of no help for this.

The Garmin Quest & Quest 2 can be had cheap, have great features are waterproof , glare proof screen and you can program anything you want. Off eBay for less then $200 as a Factory refurbished unit with teh same 1 year Garmin warranty. :fing02:

It's very cool to build custom routes of just twisty back roads, what a blast! :wheel:

I think I'll bite for a zumo. The quest units do not have some features I want.

• Member Contributer

What I mean by custom routes is to upload a route where you choose what roads to take.

So, instead of:

take me from point A to point B by whatever roads (shortest distance, avoid highways, etc)

I want

Take me from point A to point B by the roads I want.

Just last weekend, I planned a 100 mile route all using backroads.

I ended up printing the directions in paper and using my tank bag to hold the paper.

The magellan 2200T was of no help for this.

Mapsource and the Zumo make a good combo for this. Even better when you get back you can see what you actually did (tracks) and map out new routes for a return engagement.

Speaking of cheapest Zumo ever. I found a real company while looking for my Zumo that sells them for $515. Whats the catch? It's a non-US version. So what? That means there is no waranty in the US. :fing02:

No deal.

Be very careful of any Garmin product that might not be a US marketed version.

I've been looking at buying a Zumo 550 from the UK. A lot of the companys are selling the USA part number. When I queried this, I was informed that the units are all the same, and that the waranty is valid where ever you buy from and where ever you live.

• Member Contributer

Have you considered the Zumo 450? Same setup minus the bluetooth and a few other extras. Everything else is the same though and the price is definitely less.

Archived