Los Calares Del Mundo

Well, hope you find this an entertaining way to spend 10 minutes of your time... (10min each vid) all I can say is it was way more fun actually doing it than it is to watch it!!!

While I'm at it, I may as well post the trilogy of the ride on the way up (the day after) to Los Calares del Río Mundo with the local VFR mob (and sundry)... for all you snowed in folk:

Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3

Can you make another one with just the V4 music? I'd loved to see (hear) that! :beer:

So would I, but I'm afraid the wind noise drowns out all but the odd moment (1%) of GDC whine and/or engine accelerating. It's an el cheapo digital instamatic camera... (Casio 7.2 MP), so I've no way of installing an external microphone and locating that near the can... although, next time I'll try mounting the camera on the exhaut side the problem is the wind noise... maybe I can make up some sort of defletor shield...

Just t demonstrate what I mean... too much wind noise... and here the camera is protected by the windshield...

(This is close to Alicante, a stretch known as the Carrasqueta)

Dont wanna wait to watch it but i'll have to :goofy: . Gotta work sometime!!!

thanks for sharing - great vid and music...as the snow is coming down. Just makes me fiend worse than I already am.

• Member Contributer

You'll get nasty PMs from the snow-bound members now............... :P ....No doubt you had a lot more fun making it than our 10 minute viewing..........Good Stuff............ :thumbsup:

Hey, glad you all enjoyed it/them... don't know if you've seen them all Skute, 'cause there's around 50 minutes worth of "VFRiewing pleasure" for you there...

Sometimes i'm not so sure about posting them... wonder if I should get the flame suit on for taste in music or crossing white lines... (how did BR put it? Line selection?) :unsure:

But thinking back to that thread about VFRD members' taste in music, I figured at least SebSpeed and Riv would dig most of it!!

• Member Contributer

Great vid !!

Any chance we could get a list of the songs used in the sound track? I think the second one was Dinosaur jr, and number three was Blink 182....

Great vid !!

Any chance we could get a list of the songs used in the sound track? I think the second one was Dinosaur jr, and number three was Blink 182....

In the first vid:

Mountain Song: Jane's Addiction (Album: Nothing's shocking)

Gone away: Dinosaur Jr (Album: Green Mind)

Nice guys finish last: Green Day (Album: Nimrod)

In the trilogy it's all by Supergrass, mostly from the albums: "I should coco" & "In it for the money".

Seb, I'm waiting for the buffer to load on yours... if it's got Foo, say no more... I actually have quite a wide taste in music... I was thinking of doing one to a classical piece one day... and then there's this one fom last year... (warning: chemical hazard. as in the brothers)

Just t demonstrate what I mean... too much wind noise... and here the camera is protected by the windshield...

(This is close to Alicante, a stretch known as the Carrasqueta)

Love the HUD :D But what's wrong with your tach?

Great Vids :fing02:

The reflection of the tach in the windscreen makes it look like you have a Heads Up Display :fing02:

episode 2 about 1:00min. when you pass the cruiser the rpms drop. How did you manage to do that? Also it looks like the rpm were something about 2k when you were behind him and going slightly uphill. Do you allready have the torro(olé)charger that your 5th gen is so torquey? :fing02: tachcf4.png

Same on other occasions, like when at about 1:40 you pass your buddies the rpms drop.

The reflection of the tach in the windscreen makes it look like you have a Heads Up Display :fing02:

episode 2 about 1:00min. when you pass the cruiser the rpms drop. How did you manage to do that? Also it looks like the rpm were something about 2k when you were behind him and going slightly uphill. Do you allready have the torro(olé)charger that your 5th gen is so torquey? :fing02: tachcf4.png

Same on other occasions, like when at about 1:40 you pass your buddies the rpms drop.

its a reflection...therefore backwards.....when needle goes up, it is decel...when needle goes down, rpms are going up..

The reflection of the tach in the windscreen makes it look like you have a Heads Up Display :lol:

episode 2 about 1:00min. when you pass the cruiser the rpms drop. How did you manage to do that? Also it looks like the rpm were something about 2k when you were behind him and going slightly uphill. Do you allready have the torro(olé)charger that your 5th gen is so torquey? tachcf4.png

Ahhhh hahahahaha... It's nothing really, I'm just THAT good!!! Hehehehe... nah!! I push with long legs "a la Flintstones".

You yourself said it Rosso... it's a reflection, what's more, it's upside-down, so when you see the needle drop, on the real display it rises!! What you see is actually around the 5000 - 6000 RPM mark... in the screenshot you posted, if you look closer you'll se it's at about 6,000 RPM mark... hehehehe

I thought that reflection was quite novel at first... now I find it annoying. How I can avoid it?? Got a new dark smoke DB screen on the way, so, it will probably be too dark to see anything!!!! :fing02:

You yourself said it Rosso... it's a reflection, what's more, it's upside-down,

Aaawww, right, uspide down of course. :fing02: :491: couchzf3.gif

:fing02:

Maybe a polarising filter can reduce the amount of reflection.

Archived